• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Gmade Owners' Thread

PraetoR

46 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

It looks good in that colour and did go well in the vids :good:

Cheers mate 🍻Makes  a change from black plus I kinda like it 

17 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

love part 2, more my kind of running

Yeah I enjoy a good trail run 👍

They’ve  just about cleared the trees down there now so I’ll be using that place more often .

16 minutes ago, MrCake said:

That looks really capable, especially at the side hilling bits.

it really surprised me how well it ran especially as I’m running the stock plastic wheels and smallish 104mm tyres .

I bought a set of 120mm tyres thinking the stockers where a bit small but I’m leaving it as it is .

• Like 1

I like trail trucks.

I like dogs.

I like these videos. :lol:

The Komodo is looking great. I agree that the standard tyres are on the small side, but be warned; if you go 120mm (as I have), you'll need to seriously trim the arches.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, PraetoR said:

I like trail trucks.

I like dogs.

I like these videos. :lol:

The Komodo is looking great. I agree that the standard tyres are on the small side, but be warned; if you go 120mm (as I have), you'll need to seriously trim the arches.

Thanks mate 👍

I have bought a set of 120mm for it but I it drives so well the way it is that I’m going to stay with the stockers.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

tomr, cracking ,mate great location and stunning run love it, would be interesting to get my Injora along side the R1

Cheers mate

Yeah bit of a head to head would be good fun 👍

Edited by tomr
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned a while ago that my Komodo GS02F has some sort of gearbox issue.

I've stripped and rebuilt it a few times, but can't seem to find anything wrong!

This video shows what's happening. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

Perhaps the crawler experts, such as @Gaz! can shine a light??

• Confused 2

That is a really weird noise, I've still not built mine yet but looking at the drive layout and you mentioning that you lost the front drive I would be inclined to say it's not the gearbox but maybe front diff ??? I only say this because I can't physically see how the drive would be lost front to rear on that gearbox layout..

If it were like the Vanquish that can do 4wd to 2wd that would make sense but not in the case of the Gmade..

Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 17.07.51.png

• Thanks 1

I thought it sounded like a pin slipping in the transmission.
Each gear is held in place with a pin then a bearing in most cases, maybe the transmission is flexing spitting the pin, similar to what the outlaw does to the spur?
Hope you get it sorted.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all, for your suggestions.

On 15/05/2022 at 06:59, tomr said:

That’s a strange fault ! Any signs of grub screws slipping on the centre shafts ? 

None at all. I can remove the centre propshafts and get the gearbox to reproduce the issue, by itself.

On 15/05/2022 at 17:13, BashingBrian said:

That is a really weird noise, I've still not built mine yet but looking at the drive layout and you mentioning that you lost the front drive I would be inclined to say it's not the gearbox but maybe front diff ??? I only say this because I can't physically see how the drive would be lost front to rear on that gearbox layout..

If it were like the Vanquish that can do 4wd to 2wd that would make sense but not in the case of the Gmade..

Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 17.07.51.png

It certainly looks like that, when you see the part where the front has stopped and the rear is still going. However, when you look at the short bit of phone footage in the living room, you can see that neither propshaft is turning, so the drive isn't getting as far as the axles. The outdrives from the gearbox aren't spinning. 

23 hours ago, Redback said:

I thought it sounded like a pin slipping in the transmission.
Each gear is held in place with a pin then a bearing in most cases, maybe the transmission is flexing spitting the pin, similar to what the outlaw does to the spur?
Hope you get it sorted.

Yeah, that's definitely possible. It would also explain why there is nothing wrong, when I take the gearbox to bits. but then... if it look fine when the gearbox isn't under use, how do you diagnose it!?

22 hours ago, Shergar said:

Maybe its not the transmission?  Bent motor shaft? Collapsed bearing in motor? 

I had the motor out. It's fine. I'm convinced it's the gearbox.

• Like 2

Only thing i can think of after that would be something is allowing the gears to flex apart under load .

A bad bearing or damaged reinforcing webbing allowing case to flex and allow gears to slip ?

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Cracking run mate, full on enjoyed that one, Buffy did right well

🍻 Think I’ve hit the sweet spot on  the shock oil, it handled the trails  great 👍🏻 

• Like 1