• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Gmade Owners' Thread

PraetoR

21 hours ago, PraetoR said:

Cheers for that link👍🏼 I thought I had it sussed as Tamico has lots of Gmade parts but they want a minimum order of £134..!! and I don't need that much stuff 😩

@PraetoR

May I ask, when you ordered from Korea how long did it take to get your stuff and was it a simple procedure ??

Thx in advance..

3 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

Cheers for that link👍🏼 I thought I had it sussed as Tamico has lots of Gmade parts but they want a minimum order of £134..!! and I don't need that much stuff 😩

@PraetoR

May I ask, when you ordered from Korea how long did it take to get your stuff and was it a simple procedure ??

Thx in advance..

Very simple. It acts like any other online RC shop. It took about 3 weeks. It states 14-40 days (or something like that). Or you can pay a little more, for faster shipping.

Junfac = Gmade, so you're getting the parts at source. :good:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Cool vid again mate

Having the inner fenders on new 1 will make a difference to how dirty the inside of chassis will get its 1 of things i really like about the DC1 :good:

Thanks.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. Can't wait to test it.

1 hour ago, BashingBrian said:

Got my shipping notification today from MS, my Buffalo's coming Monday..!! Just in time for when I go back to work 😩🤣

Damm typical tho 🥴

• Like 1

Got the truck all wired-up, last night.

Well... with the exception of the LEDs, but they'll come after the body shell is done.

Got it driving and shifting gears. As I feared, it's not as quiet and smooth as my GS02, and the front axle was thumping a little bit. It did get better.

might try and shim the front axle (it was the rear I tried), but we'll see. It's not bad. Typical trail truck, but not up to the Gmade golden standard.

20211101_202009.thumb.jpg.641327505b1cd0d2841ff19fde8a6be3.jpg

EDIT: With further experimentation, it turns out that the rattle is coming from somewhere within the gearbox, not the front axle. The force was just being transferred into the axle, along the propshaft.

I'll have a look and a think. I don't want to strip it all down, as it's quite a big job and I hope it will quieten with use. We'll see.

Edited by PraetoR
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Sonds like theres a high spot somewhere

Check the spur/pinion mesh at various points just to see if theres a high spot

Unfortunately, there's no way to check/adjust the pinion mesh. It has a weird set-up, that's housed-in and is completely shrouded. You just turn the motor, until the mount locks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

what battery does it use, sure i have seen people running a small 2s over front axle

Not sure yet on a battery over the axle mate  but I have seen peeps using mini and full sized 5000mah packs in the stock battery tray, I’ll have a better idea once it’s built 👍

• Like 1