• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Esc issue i think 🤔

Skrapz

Hey i have an issue with my esc i think as soon as i go fast it stops dead and then needs switching off to move it again....... Could  it be a voltage issue or my battery to powerful or not enough power..... The battery works fine when im using stock esc and brushed motor so im a bit confused tbh ill include a photo of esc motor and battery thanks in advance 

image.jpg

17 minutes ago, Skrapz said:

Hey i have an issue with my esc i think as soon as i go fast it stops dead and then needs switching off to move it again....... Could  it be a voltage issue or my battery to powerful or not enough power..... The battery works fine when im using stock esc and brushed motor so im a bit confused tbh ill include a photo of esc motor and battery thanks in advance 

image.jpg

Normally it's the cut off voltage set to high  or your lipo is not charged

OK...you got a 2S pack.... running a 3652 on a Max10 ESC.... the stuff should all work OK together.

First....check your battery is fully charged. If you can, get a voltage reading off the pack....this should confirm you have a healthy battery and it is properly charged.

Second...your ESC setting may be wrong. When you switch it on, it should give a number of beeps after its initial noises. This will tell you want voltage the thing is set to..or detecting. 2 beeps for 2S.

You might also want to check where the low voltage cutoff is set. This is where the ESC will check cell voltages in the pack, and cut off the power to prevent over dischehrge of the pack. Set this to...say....3.6V, and as soon as teh cells in the pack hit that voltage, the ESC will slow you to a crawl or just stop you dead. This is a good thing for your pack....but if its set too high, as soon as your motor puts the system under load....off it will go.

Also...check your gearing. Get the gearing wrong, and things will get hot. Either motor, esc or both. You may be getting a thermal cutoff. When you switch off, things are cooling down....so when you switch back on, all seems well. Check it anyway.....as what was right for a brushed setup may well not be right for a completely different setup.

• Like 1

Hi nitro everything is fully charged and brand new i think that the esc beeps 3 times!!!! I did think that i dnt kno how to change it my program box wont connect probably because i thinks its runnig 3s oh dear my gearing pinion is 17tooth everything is cold as it dnt run long enough for temp issues 😂😂

You can program your Max 10 by the setup button. Its fiddly...but possible

https://www.hobbywing.com/products/enpdf/EZRUNMAX10.pdf

Top right of hte page, section 3...  tells you what settings CAN be programmed

Section 4: ESC programming tells you how, with the LED flashes telling you what it is set to, and letting you change it with button clicks on the setup switch