• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial® SCX6 Jeep® JLU Wrangler 4WD RTR

53HRA

Features:

• Large scale RTR 1/6 crawler
  • Two speed transmission with metal gears
  • AR90 “standard” axles with heavy-duty spool
  • Three-link front and four-link rear suspension
  • BFGoodrich KM3 7″ tall tires on Black Rhino Primm 3-piece beadlock wheels
  • Replica V8 engine cover adds to the realistic appearance
  • Spektrum DX3 2.4GHz radio
  • Spektrum 120A ESC feeds real time telemetry data to transmitter
  • Detailed Jeep JLU Wrangler body with LED headlights and taillights
  • Battery trays adjust to fit a wide range of battery sizes
  • 2-Year limited warranty
  • Available in two different colors

R51-0283-xigfxf-950.jpg

Source: Axial 🙂 

View full news article

• Like 3

Honestly I don't think think the price is "too bad" as from what I've seen with exception of the servos the electrics look to be pretty well matched for it. Though obviously time will tell if they will fail though. 

I'd still like to get my hands on one but I'm going to give it a good few months for normal people and not YouTubers to get their hands on them and see what they think. That's also assuming that the price doesn't go up though I'm not holding my breath on that one.

My issue with it is you have no other option to my mind if you wanted to change the esc ?? I didn't think a 1/6 scale crawler esc existed, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also In the US of A it's $1099 that's £798 on todays exchange rate. so the UK price of £1079 is expensive as far as I'm concerned..!!

I still want one though..🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

Also In the US of A it's $1099 that's £798 on todays exchange rate. so the UK price of £1079 is expensive as far as I'm concerned..!!

To be fair, that's not how it works. $1099 is excl our VAT. USD price tag with our VAT is $1318, which doesn't include shipping either. Because of course the truck needs to somehow get to us - that's either in a bulk delivery to the shop, or straight to the customers. Neither of those is free. Lets be charitable and say delivery is $32. That makes it around £1000, not £800. And it doesn't include customs duty either, mainly because i don't know exactly if there's a different rate for businesses. 

Not to say that £1079 isn't expensive, it bloody is. Just saying that a direct 1-1 $ to £ doesn't work if you don't take everything else into account. What i'm trying to say, really, is that it's not a ripoff (by Axial/HH). 

The truck itself is awesome, i am very tempted. As long as i don't look at the price. Either USD or GBP, to be honest, lol.

In regards to another 1/6th crawler ESC, no, not really. That being said: you can run sensored 1/6th stuff, like a Mamba Monster X etc, i think all Mambas have an remotely controllable drag brake. 

https://www.castlecreations.com/crawlermode

That's it for me though, i'm sure there's other options, i just can't think of one right now. 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 2

Don't forget  you need this.   This is only the first thing to replace  looks like they have more things you should replace

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/video-spektrum-dx5-rugged-the-1-upgrade-for-the-axial-scx6/

Edited by turok007
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TWINSET said:

Always needed a tactical flashlight but never had a transmitter to mount it to...   ...until now 😆
Does it come with instructions for how to wear a baseball cap?

cap.thumb.jpg.e10690ffdbb5b99d24c8125418e21bf5.jpg

We all know they want more money  but this just seemed like a real money grabber.

15 minutes ago, turok007 said:

We all know they want more money  but this just seemed like a real money grabber.

Ah, but the green transmitter kinda matches the new SCX6 the green version - BUY IT NOW!!!

Hard to believe they released a video saying the radio they packaged with an £1100 truck was, essentially, nappy sludge but they have a solution...
That has to be the biggest own-goal since the William Tell apple/crossbow TikTok suicide

Edited by TWINSET

The radio that comes with it is the same as one that came with my Infraction and Felony, never had a problem with it and for a RTR radio I thought it was ok and certainly didn't feel the "need" to change it. Granted it did feel on the cheap side but it was one of the nicer RTR radios I've had and I'd probably stick with it for the SCX 6..... until the point I trip over the dog face first and probably break it 😂

To be fair, the DX5 rugged is a good radio for crawlers (albeit way overpriced). 

That being said, i'd still run my Noble. The DX3 isn't even that bad a radio - though, i'm not sure about that trigger and a crawler. I absolutely agree though, if they release a video for a £1100 truck saying "well the radio is arse, sucks to be you - another £200 pls ty", it's a bit of a joke. A bit of a lot of a joke, in fact. 

We all know that RTRs usually come with radios that are.. arguable, but to just blatantly put it this way in basically an ad is rather awkward. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Tug said:

I really dislike being impressed by this, it's not right!

Im with you on that, yes i do like it but no way am i stumping up 1100 sobs for a toy car...........unless my lotto numbers come up............so no it wont be happening......do like the green one though

I just watched a guy sitting on it driving around, and then pulling a side by side with it while sitting on top of the truck. 

I haven't looked too deep into it (i'm being careful lol), but out of curiosity, what kinda run times do we expect of this? A 1/10th runs hours on a single pack, this probably won't?

Edited by m4inbrain