• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Unicorn RC - A brand new in Box, Hyper One-Seven Evo....

capri-boy

Almost certainly not, it looks much nicer with all the decals / accessories fitted too,  Shells are kinda still available though, via Hobao direct - though they're not cheap and size / cost will prob add a chunk of change with shipping. 

禾寶興業有限公司

So what scale is it @capri-boy ? Is it a 1/7th scale then?

What I particularly like is the exhaust set up on it.  😎
I never like the side exit exhausts on nitros. From my own experiences of them I think it is a horrible position as quite often I've found with the position of the pull start too it forces you to have the exhaust going off in your face. 
It also causes mess down the side of the bodyshell a lot of the time too as well as on the rear tyre. 

Thankfully looking at your nitro you won't have any of those issues. :good:

19 hours ago, GMballistic said:

So what scale is it @capri-boy ? Is it a 1/7th scale then?

What I particularly like is the exhaust set up on it.  😎
I never like the side exit exhausts on nitros. From my own experiences of them I think it is a horrible position as quite often I've found with the position of the pull start too it forces you to have the exhaust going off in your face. 
It also causes mess down the side of the bodyshell a lot of the time too as well as on the rear tyre. 

Thankfully looking at your nitro you won't have any of those issues. :good:

Yes, she's a 1/7 - much like losi did with that audi thing, and arrma have more recently it's merely a stretched 1/8.  When time allows I'll get some decent photos, my new oneplus phone camera is a 💩 and don't do it any justice.  I too like the exhaust, used to run something similar on savages waaaay back.  Purple ribbed thing with two exits.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2021 at 18:22, capri-boy said:

So, I don't run much on road, rarely have over the years - but I've always had a soft spot for a nice on road rig.  Being a Hobao stalwart I wanted one of these many years ago, and missed the clearance sale of UK stock by dithering over the price.

Used ones come up from time to time, but never clean enough I'd buy, at a sensible price, or cheap enough to work from.  So when a BNIB One-Seven Evo came up for sale I couldn't miss out.  Box is quite tatty sadly, however the important bits are new, not just mint.  Some better photo's to follow but he she is.

No photo description available.

IMG_20210914_185918

IMG_20210914_185933

IMG_20210914_185737

IMG_20210914_185842

Wow, outstanding.

I like that the chassie got big holes.

Less stones will sit there and destroy driveline and things.

Like the Body Shell also.

Is it a Lambo ?  Nice color / paint also

I miss the Nitro sound.

Have only been driving BL cars lately.

I got many nitro cars left in great shape.  Street cars, and Buggies.  also couple Monsters.

Will buy some nitro and drive them also next summer.

The sound is so special

The 2speed nitrocars are nice,  i have one 2 speed Kyosho GT2 long version 1/8 in very good shape,, i have drive it only 10-12 times,

The stock wheels sucks in my GT2,  they are  very slippery, .. I believe your stock wheels are slippery too.

They are also old today ?

You really should buy new 17mm hex GRPs,

i will have GRP  S3 or S4 next year in my GT2 

I have also brand new performance O.S motor 3.5cc and exhaust system that will make it faster,  1hp+ more than stock 🙂

Just need buy the Option 2 speed gears, they are alot stronger,    these handle stronger motors great in GT2 . My friend had them in his GT2 and better motor. It was bulletproof.

The only Problem is Stock 2speed Gears.  The Option 2 speed gears  are great.

About the GRP wheels:

They are very great,  have them in my Limitless 8s , i love them,  many love these wheels,  great tyres, They are ready glued, just mount on and enjoy.

You should try them too.  100% grip and controll.,  100mph+  no problems,  they are belted real race wheels,  cheap also

They are very CHEAP !!! too    ,  Professional racing wheels  made in Italy.  Many use them in Competition or Bashing.

fddfg.jpg.6e79ad620cec0d66a49dd9ae139935e0.jpg

17MM hex  for 1/8 and 1/7 street cars.

Also fun in 1/8 buggies at asphalt summertimes

These makes all rigs look very good.

Awaible in different colors of wheels.   

silver wheels,  black,  white,  and yellow.

I love the black ones

many different  tyres in softness.

Rain S1/S2  ,  and dry asphalt.   s3 / SOFT,   s4 SOFT/MEDIUM,  , s5/ MEDIUM   s7 / Hard,   and slicks also

1119723447__12.jpg.5f9666899c2e3882cb3d19104c2db56b.jpg

ghhg.jpg.590461823dd7d766292d366b5d4d886f.jpg

Mounted on one 1/7 Limitless

222.jpg.06fe542cf3c0e7b12fe1a8aa3b034718.jpg

Edited by m-racing