• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AT4V - Brand NEW High-Performance 1:10 Crawler Kit from CROSS-RC

BlackSeaRC

I have been a fan of Cross-RC products for quite a while and a few months ago I saw the release of a new variant in the AT4 series and decided to order it from China.  The AT4V incorporates a slightly modified version of the AT4 chassis along with the pick-up truck body from the VR4.  This truck could be seen as an alternative to the Traxxas TRX-4, Axial SCX10, Gmade Buffalo, etc.

It has features such as a 2-speed transmission, remote-operated locking differentials and portal axles.  When I bought the kit, I also ordered a selection of upgrade parts that I have been fitting as I go along.  I have put together a step-by-step build video so you can see the truck in close-up detail.

Other videos in this series include the ancillary equipment that is being used in this build and the unboxing.  Future videos showing the completion of the build, integration of further upgrade parts and testing will follow.  See these videos and more at: www.youtube.com/BlackSeaRC

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, stimpy said:

Cross products always look to be decent quality. Never owned one mind...

Yes, I found this kit to be very good in terms of quality.  Most parts went together well, there were just a few areas where the instructions were a little unclear.  I think that is because this is a special variant that doesn't have its own User Manual but uses the standard AT4 documents with some "supplemental instructions".

The body is done now and I will be publishing the next part of the build video soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
11 hours ago, tomr said:

These seem to get great reviews, how are you finding the truck ? 
I keep looking at the Chevy Blazer AT4 kit on Greens models website….pretty tempted 😁

I'm very pleased with my AT4V so far.  This is my second CROSS-RC product as I also have a PG4A (that I bought from Greens Models).  I found the quality of the AT4V to be good and it also performs very well.  I added quite a few metal upgrade parts but I thought the base kit was reasonably priced (I got my kit last year for around 300 GBP from AliExpress).  By the time you have bought all the ancillary items of course you will be adding quite a bit more but it depends upon how extravagant you are with your transmitter, ESC, servos, battery equipment, etc.  Prices are a higher now though.  I wanted something just a little bit different from the TRX-4 or SCX10 and liked the idea of customising mine to my taste.  It seems to crawl very nicely in my opinion.  Although I don't have a Traxxas or Axial truck to compare it with, I have seen other side by side reviews where the AT4 has performed very well in comparison.  The whole chassis configuration is very similar so it ought to be pretty close performance wise.  The tyres seem to grip well and it comes with servo-operated diff-locking on the front and rear axles.  I modified mine with an extra servo to give independent front and rear axle diff-locking but in reality, the standard set-up is fine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

does look a very good truck, but i would need a lotto win to afford it

At the time I got mine last year, it was around 300 GBP for the kit (but I bought direct from China via AliExpress).  I see it is just under 390 GBP in Greens Models at the moment.  I must admit that all the little extras add up, especially when you need a steering servo, gearshift servo and diff-lock servo.  I also spent 100 GBP on metal upgrade parts but even when fully kitted out it was still lightly less than a RTR TRX-4.

• Like 1

Some additional images of my AT4V.  I am also currently adding some scale accessory parts and will update you again when this is done...

DSC01842a.JPG

DSC01845a.JPG

DSC01852a.JPG

DSC01854a.JPG

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BlackSeaRC said:

I'm very pleased with my AT4V so far.  This is my second CROSS-RC product as I also have a PG4A (that I bought from Greens Models).  I found the quality of the AT4V to be good and it also performs very well.  I added quite a few metal upgrade parts but I thought the base kit was reasonably priced (I got my kit last year for around 300 GBP from AliExpress).  By the time you have bought all the ancillary items of course you will be adding quite a bit more but it depends upon how extravagant you are with your transmitter, ESC, servos, battery equipment, etc.  Prices are a higher now though.  I wanted something just a little bit different from the TRX-4 or SCX10 and liked the idea of customising mine to my taste.  It seems to crawl very nicely in my opinion.  Although I don't have a Traxxas or Axial truck to compare it with, I have seen other side by side reviews where the AT4 has performed very well in comparison.  The whole chassis configuration is very similar so it ought to be pretty close performance wise.  The tyres seem to grip well and it comes with servo-operated diff-locking on the front and rear axles.  I modified mine with an extra servo to give independent front and rear axle diff-locking but in reality, the standard set-up is fine.

Looks great in those pics 👍🏻
Thanks for the reply it sounds very promising. I did notice that the Bronco/ Chevy or whatever the body is AT4 kit includes the shift servos for the diffs and 2speed, also a motor and heavy steel wheels. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tomr said:

Looks great in those pics 👍🏻
Thanks for the reply it sounds very promising. I did notice that the Bronco/ Chevy or whatever the body is AT4 kit includes the shift servos for the diffs and 2speed, also a motor and heavy steel wheels. 

The AT4 kit comes with the 2 mini servos (Greens special offer) and metal wheels but the AT4V comes without these and has plastic wheels.  Note that if you are considering buying one of these, the kit version is not the same specification as the RTR version.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 05/03/2022 at 08:04, BlackSeaRC said:

The AT4 kit comes with the 2 mini servos (Greens special offer) and metal wheels but the AT4V comes without these and has plastic wheels.  Note that if you are considering buying one of these, the kit version is not the same specification as the RTR version.

Are the plastic wheels beadlock, i am hoping so as i jumped the gun and ordered a set of black heavy metal beadlocks for my NT4 but want to use the Cross tyres on them

3 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Are the plastic wheels beadlock, i am hoping so as i jumped the gun and ordered a set of black heavy metal beadlocks for my NT4 but want to use the Cross tyres on them

Yes, mine has plastic bead-lock wheels.

• Thanks 1