• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Maverick Quantum R

MrCake

When you buy your Arrma Infraction from wish.com... 

All jokes aside though, it does look pretty cool. I do hope it's durable, but I doubt the spur/pinion & diffs will be able to take 4s for long

Edited by James.S
  • Like 2

would assume it will be RTR.

It's basically a new shell/wheels on the existing Maverick Quantum chassis. Hopefully, they upspecced it a bit to cope with the speed running, and it would be nice if those upgrades were compatable with other models in the lineup.

No idea if they are...but it would make sense.

Shell is a total ripoff design 🙂

• Like 2

They say it's based on teh Maverick Quantum+ truck...which is 1/10

But...it also says it's running 17mm hexes, which makes those wheels buggy sized on roads....

So...my guess is, they took the 1/10 truck, and stretched the chassis, as the wheels look further apart. I guess all you need is a longer chassis tub and a longer centre driveshaft. Then they could call it a 1/8

Slap on a new shell, and it's done. Would really not need much work to do it when you are the guys making it....and they would be able to use the same wheel hexes as fitted to the Trophy etc.

5 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Thats a shame. Although I cant see where it says that anywhere haha

4 hours ago, Nitroholic said:

They say it's based on teh Maverick Quantum+ truck...which is 1/10

But...it also says it's running 17mm hexes, which makes those wheels buggy sized on roads....

So...my guess is, they took the 1/10 truck, and stretched the chassis, as the wheels look further apart. I guess all you need is a longer chassis tub and a longer centre driveshaft. Then they could call it a 1/8

Slap on a new shell, and it's done. Would really not need much work to do it when you are the guys making it....and they would be able to use the same wheel hexes as fitted to the Trophy etc.

It's up on Modelsport now. It is indeed 1/8

Alot more information about it here: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/maverick-quantum-r-flux-4s-1-8-4wd-race-truck-red-1339663

• 2 weeks later...

Cheap

This can be intresting for Drifting outside

if it is  light in weight 1/8 compared to Arrma Infraction 1/7 that is one heavy rig.

Then 4s drifting will be fun with this HPI outside i believe. 4s lipos are cheap also.,

17mm hexm   then there is also cheap spare wheels like  GRP S7 hard rubber ones, they are nice for drifting and good looking wheels also.

This 1/8 must be atleast 1000g lighter than the 1/7 Infraction ?

Something to next summer maybe, if it is light in weight.

The Heavy 1/7 infractions burns tyres too fast when drifting because the heavy weight.    They are more high speed cars with 6s.

I believe this 1/8 HPI can be very fun Outside Drifter 

Any total weight Info ?  compared to 1/7 infraction that is heavy one.

The black looks hardcore.

If i buy this,,i will buy the Blue one, Because this Body Color is highly wisible at black asphalt, 

The blue one will be Most Easy to see of them all, , i believe this color will be More easy to  control because of the high visibly for nice drifts i believe `?

Edited by m-racing