• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E Owners Thread

stretch

For those thinking of doing it I recently added some wheel weights to my rig. Went with 60/40 front bias and it is climbing up some harder runs at my local woods. Improved performance quite a bit I'd say. I understand the risks of rotating mass and added stress on drivetrain parts, but I crawl slow and don't race around full throttle. All good so far. 👌 

Edited by Exe_RC28
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, tomr said:

Bought myself a Coyote RTR 👍🏻
Had the original a few years ago but sold it on.

882F0C44-0555-4779-8588-0DD2DD3F4478.thumb.jpeg.b1bbda78b3a6e758cec3ee3d149208b4.jpeg

Nice, take a few minutes to set the ARC 1 esc up, give the shocks the fettle and see how it compares, i see it as a pretty good rig

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Nice, take a few minutes to set the ARC 1 esc up, give the shocks the fettle and see how it compares, i see it as a pretty good rig

Will do mate 👍🏻 Not had a chance to unbox yet 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

That looks damm nice mate :good:

Are you keeping the decals ?

Yes, still not sure, but I can take them off anytime, while putting them back isn’t so easy., going to try and delete it from here and put it in “what did you do to your model today” which was where I meant to put it. 😂 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,  according to the manual that came with my coyote if i put an uprated steering servo in it i have to fit a BEC as well

has anyone changed the servo and not done this? 😕

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wombat said:

Hi all,  according to the manual that came with my coyote if i put an uprated steering servo in it i have to fit a BEC as well

You can do it but if you are using the stock arc-1 esc the BEC is only rated at 5.7v 1a so it will struggle to give a more powerful servo the juice it needs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2022 at 15:57, wombat said:

Bit late to this, not been here much recently. Depending on the cost of a separate BEC you might want to consider swapping yr ESC for a Hobbywing 1080 which has the option of 7.4V BEC? Avoids the need for separate battery boxes etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...