• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E Owners Thread

stretch

2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Nice 1 mate just back myself from running my trx4 :good:

Hope it was the wheel nut came of and not a broken shaft

No, just a wheelnut. Found it too! 👍

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Cool i always threadlock mine :cheers:

I shall use a bit of thread lock from now on too. Never really been a problem before, but oddly it’s happened to 3 different wheels this week alone. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/09/2021 at 14:03, stupar said:

I don't own any just now but I've build three in the past.

First one started life as a Coyote kit but soon morphed into a K5 Blazer hard body build

IMG_20190716_182148_826.jpg.970ccdc695f4b3b1bd78f6791522304c.thumb.jpg.32fa27212538a527abdc34c366cff56d.jpg

Second one started life as a RTR F150 before being rebuilt into a Custom long bed lifted F150.

A lot of detail went into this one!

2021-08-08_11-30-58.thumb.jpg.2b5d82b2345ff925983beb42d9404582.jpg

Third one was a 313mm WB Subaru Brat RTR which changed into a Carisma F150 cab from the two piece bodyset and a King Kong wooden dropside bed for the rear. 

Again lots of detailing made it into this one also 

2021_0418_15010200.thumb.jpg.5f0d696fb73bafda845928e85664f22d.jpg

Holy cow, at first glance they look like real trucks!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh, all these beautiful bodies! Enjoying my coyote but ….. the blacked out windows are an irritation as far as scale looks go.  What choices do I have re: alternative body shells? Really like the Range Rover but are there other options that fit the stock set up? Sadly , my lack

of painting skills would need me to buy a pre-painted shell.

1 minute ago, Jetman_71 said:

Ahhh, all these beautiful bodies! Enjoying my coyote but ….. the blacked out windows are an irritation as far as scale looks go.  What choices do I have re: alternative body shells? Really like the Range Rover but are there other options that fit the stock set up? Sadly , my lack

of painting skills would need me to buy a pre-painted shell.

you might pick up a carisma Lynx clear shell for a low price just get some one to paint it for you, but its not as hard as you think

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jetman_71 said:

Thanks. Not a huge fan of the look of the Lynx - any other options?

You could paint a new clear Coyote body ? 

Also there is the half cab body for the 285mm chassis? That requires both of these https://carisma-shop.com/products/sca-1e-coyote-trophy-half-cab-clear-body-set

and 

https://carisma-shop.com/products/sca-1e-rear-half-bed-cage

4EC12824-744C-4BB7-AC9F-48B850696497.jpeg

Edited by tomr
  • Like 2

The look I would like is more like this .... is there likely to be a bodyshell out there like this for the coyote? It's got to be pre-painted though - I know from the get go I will make a total hash of trying to paint one!

https://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/Cars/By-Manufacturer/Gmade/134738-/GMADE-110-GS02F-BOM-TC-KIT?fo_c=3984&fo_k=5e726b7639cdd5d1a577a615f0b704b8&fo_s=gplauk&gclid=CjwKCAjwi6WSBhA-EiwA6Niok_1K9QgSzAPpWcVWTdKlgh9gi5oj0rMb8NGKhIwKSnpDScv5fBA6BxoClGoQAvD_BwE

Edited by Jetman_71
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jetman_71 said:

If you fit longer links to make  the wheelbase 313mm that’ll work great and it’s a universal fit type deal.
FTX do a similar painted version but you  would need come up with some way of mounting it https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/ftx-texan-1-10-cab-bodyshell-and-roll-cage-assembly-grey-1333752

The price of bodies is pretty crazy for what the are 🤯Most  of the decent quality bodies are expensive especially pre-painted and hardbody.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jetman_71 said:

Yes, I think common sense and the price will need some careful thought.  The amount I could potentially throw at a new painted body could be spent on lots of other upgrades for the Coyote.   

Yes it could but i guess it depends on the look you want 

20 hours ago, Jetman_71 said:

Yes, I think common sense and the price will need some careful thought.  The amount I could potentially throw at a new painted body could be spent on lots of other upgrades for the Coyote.   

I’m not 100% certain, but I think it’s possible to use paint remover to clear the windows?
Again not certain but I think Tamiya do a polycarbonate paint remover?

Might be the cheaper option… if it’s even possible.

4 hours ago, Fat Freddy said:

I’m not 100% certain, but I think it’s possible to use paint remover to clear the windows?
Again not certain but I think Tamiya do a polycarbonate paint remover?

Might be the cheaper option… if it’s even possible.

Thanks - I’ll look into it👍

• Like 1