• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E Owners Thread

stretch

52 minutes ago, Fat Freddy said:

It’s a locked diff box.  All 3 diffs on the coyote are locked as standard. Not sure if there is even the option to unlock them.
The standard one is plastic. The “upgrade” is metal and heavier.

Thats the only “diff”erence 😂

Supposedly it’s better?? (As detailed above in the sales guff).
It was only a tenner and I thought wtf, might as well get one.

Carisma Scale Adventure Complete centre differential set (SCA-1E) CA15830 (modelsport.co.uk)

This is what I've seen. Is it a locked assembly or a centre differential? 

I've only ever seen "Centre Differentials" on bashers, hence my confusion.

1 hour ago, chewbacca said:

Carisma Scale Adventure Complete centre differential set (SCA-1E) CA15830 (modelsport.co.uk)

This is what I've seen. Is it a locked assembly or a centre differential? 

I've only ever seen "Centre Differentials" on bashers, hence my confusion.

I suffered from the same confusion.
It’s the use of the word differential, which to me brings to mind a diff box full of gears. 
These have a diff box, but it just contains a solid block of alloy rather than gears. Misleading calling it a differential really.
I’ve put it into the new metal version now, but that empty space in the pic is filled with a block of alloy. 
Not that you need to worry, as you’ll have it all in your kit. It’s standard fittings, not an extra.

BTW, which version IS your kit? If it’s the 2.1, you already have the ATT.

Even if it’s the original kit, You have a cracking little scale crawler. I’ve had mine nearly 2 years now and this is the first major strip down I’ve had to do. 👍

12504D33-D7F9-4C6B-A368-FFD7A3A51C64.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for clearing up that confusion! 

I've got the gen 1 kit but I'll be adding the ATT to it when building. It's still in the box atm, got other projects to sort first. There's a long deadline on this build lol, want it ready for SST 2022.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Thanks for clearing up that confusion! 

I've got the gen 1 kit but I'll be adding the ATT to it when building. It's still in the box atm, got other projects to sort first. There's a long deadline on this build lol, want it ready for SST 2022.

Best get started soon. As with most RC projects, it will never….ever….  be “finished”. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fat Freddy said:

Best get started soon. As with most RC projects, it will never….ever….  be “finished”. 😂

True that! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted the ATT but didn’t get chance to test it out til recently. 
In my humble opinion it works. Not sure it’s worth the cost of retro fitting but I’d say the 2.1 probably does actually handle better than the original.

It certainly eliminates that body roll when pulling away.

Hard to say exactly how much it affected handling as while I had the thing apart, I replaced all the bearings,

swapped the plastic centre diff for a heavier metal one,

gave the shocks a clean and new oil,

played about with the ESC settings,

flipped the motor/gearbox,

and tidied up the wiring a bit.

It was definitely handling better, but with so many changes, who knows how much difference each  change made?

Most of the bearings weren’t too bad, but I changed them anyway. Worst was one of the front axles which had gathered a few souvenirs along the way. 
All running smoothly now 

Edited by Fat Freddy
Pics removed to make space
  • Like 3

On 26/10/2021 at 04:46, Jack Reacher said:

looking good mate, great little truck, for me one tiny niggle with the coyote is the mirrors, seems they snap  of on first tumble would be nice if there was a way to elastic mount them like on the F-150

I just gave up on them. Windscreen wipers gone too now. 
It’d probably help if I learned to drive it properly and stopped toppling over at the top of things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Nice one carisma, you found a way to make me spend my money, new flat back coming for the coyote and F-150...........i see a shell project looming  over xmas

only hard part will be "what colour for cab"

251354349_1958077371041393_7895408725502594195_n.jpg

Carisma already offer the rear bed cage and front cabs separately 👍

https://carisma-shop.com/collections/sca-1e-options/products/sca-1e-rear-half-bed-cage
https://carisma-shop.com/collections/sca-1e-options/products/sca-1e-coyote-trophy-half-cab-clear-body-set

https://carisma-shop.com/collections/sca-1e-spares/products/sca-1e-f150-front-cab-only

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Over on facebook they seemed to be playing it as new release, i do think i will end upo doing the half cab with honcho back might have to wait till xmas hols

Strange they’ve been available for a while now?
Looks great though in the pics 👍 if I didn’t already have a  Gmade Bom I’d off gone for one myself.

Edited by tomr
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Over on facebook they seemed to be playing it as new release, i do think i will end upo doing the half cab with honcho back might have to wait till xmas hols

I thought it WAS a new thing??
On Instagram they even went to the effort of pixelated “teaser” pics in the days prior. Weird.
Quite like it but have put WAY too many hours into the current shell to even consider a replacement…yet.

Hmm? Unless I had another Sca-1e?

Maybe next year, I have a couple of other projects in mind first.

• Like 1

Hi all.

I got my Coyote 2.1 today and love it. The only thing I have noticed is the drag brake is not holding too well. I have checked the ESC mode and all.is correct but has anyone else experienced this?

The only way it will hold is by trimming the throttle but but this is using the motor incorrectly.

Thanks

Karl

1 hour ago, Exe_RC28 said:

Hi all.

I got my Coyote 2.1 today and love it. The only thing I have noticed is the drag brake is not holding too well. I have checked the ESC mode and all.is correct but has anyone else experienced this?

The only way it will hold is by trimming the throttle but but this is using the motor incorrectly.

Thanks

Karl

Karl something is not quite right, the drag brake should be pretty much full on, has your one got the ARC-1 esc, there are 2 drag brake modes 

Karl i still say its ESC, not likely to be motor, i did find the ARC-1 a bit of a pain to set up and get right also in the manual the text is bloomin small hence i got brake wrong at first go, you should find crawler drag brake pretty strong once set, i keep saying i am gonna get a Hobbywing 1080 for mine

Hi,

Definitely setup correctly according to the manual but still no joy.

Will read up how the drag brake works and what else could be a factor. 

I put in a 3000mah battery but can't imagine the slight extra weight would cause the issue. 

Karl