• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Worst RC Cars 1970-2021

Tomley RC

What is your experience of the Worst RC Car ever made?

I see lot's of complaints about the UDR... the V1 Kraton 8S... E-Revo 2.0..Proline MT Pro etc, they are all relatively new.

What is the Worst RC Car you have owned? (Main brand stuff I'm talking about, not any of the thousands of off brand RC's about)

• Like 2

i like this thread but i cant think of any rc i didnt like apart from the losi 8 t, well, i did like it but i could never sort out the steering geometry. the driveshaft would always pop out the steering hub, no matter what i did. i even sent it away to get sorted but they couldnt do it either. i bought a few driveshaft and nothing worked so eventually i sold it.

From my collection, the Kyosho Double Dare monster truck stands out as one of the most flawed from a design point of view.  The suspension was awful, the dust proof electronics compartment was almost impossible to access (and wasn't even dust proof), the 4WS made the truck very hard to drive in a straight line and it just never really delivered the fun factor it promised.  Build quality was poor in comparison with Tamiya and it put me off the Kyosho brand for many many years until I was tempted back and bought another a few months ago.

18 minutes ago, Tug said:

Traxxas E-Maxx 3906, great drive, weak as a kitten. 

Associated B4, great race car, weak as a kitten. 

How did I forget about the 3906? That said, its still probably the RC that means to most to me. I look at that they way the generation before me look at the Tamiya Lunchbox/Hotshot/Sand Scorcher etc

2 hours ago, Nitroholic said:

Ansmann Royal Flash.

Utter piece of garbage. If it needed to be rigid it was bendy. If it needed to be bendy it was brittle. If it was important...it broke.

The spur gears were like butter. 

33 minutes ago, turok007 said:

I had a E-Maxx 3906 ran it on 14s nicads use to jump it and the only issue i had was broken hinge pins  only noticed it when i took it apart. 

I blew diffs, broke every piece of plastic on it; arms, towers, steering rack, hub carriers, chassis braces etc. 

I was running one of those Novak 4.5 Turn 550 motors though. 

Still got it, but with a more suitable combo these days. 

9 minutes ago, Tug said:

I blew diffs, broke every piece of plastic on it; arms, towers, steering rack, hub carriers, chassis braces etc. 

I was running one of those Novak 4.5 Turn 550 motors though. 

Still got it, but with a more suitable combo these days. 

mine was stock if i remember correct i got it from MS when they were still new out.

1 minute ago, turok007 said:

mine was stock if i remember correct i got it from MS when they were still new out.

Me too! I think it was my first Modelsport purchase, it's how I first found them. 

It's now fully loaded and owes me a fortune! 

Just now, Tug said:

Me too! I think it was my first Modelsport purchase, it's how I first found them. 

It's now fully loaded and owes me a fortune! 

a mate got one so i did    was my first purchase from them as well   second was some jumbo kong wheels  then a proline grave digger body.  i did join the forum back then  but forgot my details   so had to join again

17 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

was a T maxx 3.3  for me back in the day apart from keeping it running right it would look at kerbs and break an arm lol  terrible design 

completely forgot about my traxxas revo 3.3. could never tune that and i just put it down to faulty engine. why would i blame myself? i am awesome at tuning nitro engines 😄  but seriously, that engine really did my head in. everytime i thought i had tuned it, it would go back to stalling or somethign else.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

completely forgot about my traxxas revo 3.3. could never tune that and i just put it down to faulty engine. why would i blame myself? i am awesome at tuning nitro engines 😄  but seriously, that engine really did my head in. everytime i thought i had tuned it, it would go back to stalling or somethign else.

At one point i owned a lot of traxxas nitros  and i can say for sure the carbs were dodgy.  i did mange to tune most of them apart from my 4tec  it would run perfect but any change in the weather and it needed to be tuned again.

• Like 2