• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carson Montana nitro

Madmoz7610

1 hour ago, tomr said:

Nice one mate 👍

Cheers buddy, these things are awesome an look the bizz when screamin past u 🤣😂 jus need to update the radio gear now as the range is pish poor, but really happy with today's run in, my brother in law's pickin up his savage 21 with a dynamite engine Saturday so gotta help him run his in so we can race them together lol both gona be using 25% fuel an his friend is usin 15% so he's not gona get anywhere near us 😂🤣

• Like 1

Well jus had a good look over the carson, first time since takin it out on the weekend... Front hubs were loose, the clutch bell was also very loose an close to falling off, the engine had moved a few mm too🤦 

Rebuilding it this weekend to see what I'm gona need to buy.

Put my etronix radio gear in it aswel, as got a Dumbo x6fg coming next week to go in the carnage 🤠 also got some more 25% optifuel comin next week ready for another race with my brother in law's Savage X 3speed an dynamite engine, the little Carson makes up some wkd ground in the bends but straight line speed that thing is crazy fast. 

Will try an get some videos put up soon, and IL take some pics later of the progress. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

threadlock metal to metal screws mate :good:

Yup I know buddy, will be goin through it all on the weekend an threadlockin everything thats metal on metal, also gona upgrade the bearings in the clutch bell as they crappy ones jus need to invest in a decent Allen key set as rounded so many off on the carnage an carson. Did test fit some trenchers on it the other day an really impressed

Been toyin with the idea of puttin ftx carnage tires onto my Montana rims, don't mind butchering the carnage wheels as the hexs have all rounded off.

So my questions,

how would I remove the factory glued carnage tires from the rims without damaging the tires?

How would I remove the Montana tires without damaging the rims? 

Been looking at methods an don't fancy baking them as the misses would kick off plus the fumes an smell could affect our degu (small rodent)

Boiling sounds good but don't want to warp the Montana wheels any help is greatly appreciated

Lil update on the Montana, threadlocked the clutch bell onto the crank,

measured the wheels and ordered some bugsta tires as they would be a decent fit for not alot of money,

fitted the Dumbo Rx but can't get to gyro so takin it out an puttin on the carnage, 

Next Todo is fix the brakes and possibly fit smaller stoppers so it can actually apply the brake,

Need to measure the shell an find something that will fit an look jus as good as I'm not destroying this rare Montana shell,

and jus a general tidy up of everything ready for next week's bash lol 

Had it out again today, ran 2 tanks of fuel but glow igniter ran out of juice 😢 that's now on charge, iv also messed the brakes up so take to take it all apart.. again 🤦 had it fittin full speed earlier tho an man does it rip 🤠 every time iv taken it out it's gettin faster an faster 🙂 jus as soon as I let off the throttle the brakes are on lol so gotta tweak them a bit more

Still really happy with it and can't wait to go out again 🙂

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Madmoz7610 said:

Price has been reduced on the other Montana on ebay, it's now 100 plus postage so looks a much better deal now, might get it Friday if it's still on there 

Screenshot_2021-09-21-15-35-16-956_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Good price and would keep yours going for years 👍

On 21/09/2021 at 16:36, tomr said:

Good price and would keep yours going for years 👍

Iv found out the new specter and virus parts fit these so not too bothered about break-in it, if it's still on eBay end of the week I might be tempted to get it, but have snapped the carnage chassis again and ordered a new Ali one, misses won't be best impressed if I get another Monty 🤣🤣

Sorted the center diff, also refilled the rear shocks as they were gettin sloppy an now they have there bounce back 🤠 ... Fingers crossed it's 4wd again an not jus front lol and hopefully the shocks ain't too stiff now but at least I can drop it from waist high an it not bottom out lol 

Well since puttin some heavy duty grease in the center diff it's completely changed the truck, it now takes off faster than it ever has and it's more stable in the corners 🤠 even had it drifting yesterday 🤠 hope to take it out Sunday weather permitting and if I do IL try an record it 

Ordered a new high speed servo and a roto start for the Montana the other nite, should be here by end of the week 🤠 hopefully it fits and works as it should... The pull start is on its way out an can't be dealin with the blisters again 😂 pic for anyone else who is interested 

Screenshot_2021-09-27-14-25-25-704_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

2 hours ago, John Booth said:

Use one of these in my trophy truggy  mate ...so much better than the pull start.

Happy days, don't suppose u know if the old thunder Tiger drill start shaft works with this drill start? Otherwise I'm gotta get a 6mm shaft lol or try an file the end down to fit lol 

8 hours ago, Madmoz7610 said:

Happy days, don't suppose u know if the old thunder Tiger drill start shaft works with this drill start? Otherwise I'm gotta get a 6mm shaft lol or try an file the end down to fit lol 

Don't know mate....I use a cut off 6mm allen key ( with a ball end ).

Edited by John Booth

Fastrax roto start turned up earlier, gona fit it later on today 🤠 also the thunder Tiger roto start shaft fits perfectly so will be usin that on it and pulled my old drill out the shed and got it on charge 🤠 just a cheap Argos drill/screwdriver, had enough power to start the mta4 s50 so should be good enough to start the montana.

Will post some pics up later of the instal and would also have a force 3.5 pull start for sale soon if anyone wants it