• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Speed NT transmission advice needed!

RCmk

Hi peeps, 

I have a Losi Speed NT and recently stripped a couple of the plastic gears in the transmission / gearbox and from research this is a weak point on this particular RC.

Now out of luck I managed to source a spares chassis with gearbox and by luck it has upgraded Robinson Racing metal gears which are like hens teeth to get hold of these days so I’m very happy about that. 

Now I can go ahead and rebuild the gearbox but I really need the help from someone who actually knows these rigs inside out and the issues they suffer from and the correct way to go about rebuilding the gearbox as I don’t want to faff it up again like I did the previous.

I had it running and it went fine , I adjusted the gear shift point and after further running it just lost drive to the wheels ,later on inspection the gears mentioned had stripped. 

So really I need the help from someone that knows these rigs well as I want to rebuild it but need help and advice along the way.

The help will be greatly appreciated as always.. thanks in advance.

Edited by RCmk