• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any very good or best budget crawler tyres or wheels 2.2 to very loose sand . At gravelpit, 20m height and like 45 degrees , loose sand

m-racing

Hi

topic says most

I want climb at my gravelpit

very high sand places there

very loose sand

some are 20m in height

and they are like 45degrees ,

i want come all up to top

now i only come like 3-4 meters max

with stock Losi Night crawler stock wheels and some other no brand crawler wheels

I need buy something good now

Any ideas ?

Size 2.2

they must be very good at loose sand , and be able climb in it 10-20m up at 45 degrees

I will use them to couple crawlers, one of them is rock crawler  LOSI NIGHT CRAWLER

Edited by m-racing

On 09/08/2021 at 21:17, stimpy said:

If you are looking at insane inclines on sand then a dedicated sand "paddle" tyre would be best!.. Don't know of any off the top of my head but have a search and see 👍

Sand Paddle tyres offcourse must be the best.

I will try my 1/8 buggy paddles, with 17mm hex converters

What will be the second best ?

Something that looks almost like real tyre ?

I'm no expert on steep inclined sand banks! But using my rudimentary physics skills I'd say you want something with a decent deep digging type tread!... Ofcourse, a lot of steep incline driving success will also be attributed to your suspension, geometry, and centre of gravity set ups....

Good luck!👍

• 2 weeks later...

Weight low and forward. Rear paddle tyres and front strip? Tyres to help steering. Very important as the car will kick out side to side and you will Need them to keep control of it. 

Plenty of tyres like this available. Try proline or j concepts first. They should have something.   Also traxxas sell them too.  

Fully locked diffs a must. And keep the throttle gentle once going so you don't dig in. 

I'm building a all round rock bouncer at the moment and at some point I will get some sand tyres to try the same thing. Norwegian style Hill climbing 

Screenshot_20210826_165701_com.android.chrome_edit_239376600092119.jpg

IMG_20210825_133525.jpg