• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Whats a good cheap nitro rc car

paulbatny57

So I'm a newcomer to the rc hobby and I was doing research and I think I want to get a nitro car mainly because I like to tinker with engi 192.168.1.254  and find them more interesting than electric however I dont want to get an awful car just because its cheap so I got around $200 to spend and I found Redcat and HSP cars and have heard they are ok for the money but before I go and spend the money I wanted to get recommendations from more experienced people.  10.0.0.0.1

Edited by paulbatny57

I can only repeat the advice I was given when I started out and got my first nitro.

"If all you can afford is the cheapest nitro car out there.....you can't afford to get into the hobby yet"

Consider also that you will need to buy fuel, glow plug igniter and charger, plus a servo battery pack and a means to charge it. You will also be wanting a basic set of tools to work on the car, and the car will only come with some cheap and horrid allen keys.

Then consider why HSP and Redcat (both rebranding generic models...usually Himoto made) are cheap. Usually they use l;ow quality engines, cheap fastners and so on. Buying a slightly better model might mean the car you buy is one you keep for a lot longer, rather than just getting one.....and outgrowing it. Also....these bottom end cars tend to be 1/10 scale..... and I would advise starting out on a 1/8 scale. Much more capable and able to run well on grass and dirt, where a 1/10 can struggle

• Like 1

I dont think you would go far wrong with 1 of these 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobao-hyper-st-truggy-rtr-26445

I have 1 and its 8years or more old and recently converted it to electric yeh i know a tad more expensive  :good: