• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

WL Toys Owners Thread

16 minutes ago, MrCake said:

In the end I went for a 2445 sized motor as it meant the pinion fitted without drilling, and  I run it on 3s (well 1 x run which seemed fine temp wise).

It may be what i have to do go 2445 motor and a new 15T pinion, cheaper than getting an esc

Hi All,

I am upgrading my 124019 to brushless and would like to upgrade the spur and pinion for high speed runs. 

I have installed the 15 T Pinion Gear on the Racerstar 2445 3600kv Motor Senseless Brushless Waterproof installed the motor on the Motor Mount. But I don't think the stock plastic spur gear will last long with the 15T pinion metal gear and the stock plastic spur gear and 15T pinion gear seems to be slipping, I will open up to confirm. 

I am trying to follow the quadifyrc brushless upgrade. A couple of questions;

1. Is that correct to use the 15 T Pinion Gear on a Racerstar 2445 3600kv Motor Senseless Brushless Waterproof  with stock Spur for speed runs ?

2. Do I need to change the plastic spur gear to metal ?     

I am using this motor mount;

321885616_ScreenShot2022-01-26at12_13_38PM.thumb.png.1b00ddfd025eb707f3f123d4af4dc543.png

Thank you, cheers

WL Toys 124019 build:

1. 124019 $120 with shipping
  2. Flysky FS-GT5 Transmitter w/ FS-BS6 Receiver $91 with shipping
  3. GPS SkyRC GSM020 $63 with shipping
  4. HobbyWing QuicRun 1/16 Brushless WaterProof 30A ESC WP-16BL30 $33 with shipping
  5. Remo P6973 Rubber Tires and Wheel $29 with shipping
  6. Racerstar 2445 3600kv Motor Senseless Brushless Waterproof $17 with shipping
  7. Motor Mount $12 plus shipping
  8. 4Pcs Steel Front Rear Universal CVD Drive Shafts $12 plus shipping, need to install
  9. ZeckTeck Swing Arm Metal Reinforced Swing Arm Set $25 with shipping, great addition stops dog bones from popping out
  10. JX Digital Servo 17g Metal Gear $20 with shipping
  11. Pinion Gear $7 with shipping 
  12. Total $429 with shipping

Need to order:

3S Battery

Edited by museguy

• 3 weeks later...

Ta da.....i now have a Mod 07 15T pinion with 3.2mm bore, having mucked up the first, i ordered a second, and put a 3.2mm drill in with it in coat pocket, today i called at a local company and cheeky me got a chap to put it in a lathe and run drill through bore to size, so now i can get on and fit brushless set up

15T pinion.PNG

• Like 3

On 03/08/2021 at 02:08, mydoddy69 said:

For the money I think you can’t go wrong 👍

I love the rooster tail on the tires, I can't remember seeing anything that good. My Granite can kick up five foot rooster tails, but I can't control the car when it gets past speeds of 30 mph, I think is might be because my back tires are misaligned, I would fix the problem now, but I want to install all the parts at the same time, so I am beating the hell out of it.

Just yesterday I nose dived when I jumped my truck and landed on the front bumper, There is no front bumper anymore though, weight reduction!!!!

See, you got to think positive.😄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

me and the boy took our 144001s out this afternoon. hard to find anywhere that wasn't plagued by dog walkers, so we ended up in the corner of a small, gravelly car park.

they started off looking new, and after ten minutes in gravel they looked like they'd seen years of abuse. fun, tho! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i dunno.. every video I've seen of them have either been in normal car parks or being bashed in a skate park, so i wasn't sure where we should take them. 😛

turns out my son managed to damage his, somehow, even tho i was the one crashing and rolling all the time..

IMG_27022022_175513_(1080_x_608_pixel).thumb.jpg.5b36185cef77050eaede6ee353ba8197.jpg

7 hours ago, voorsk said:

i dunno.. every video I've seen of them have either been in normal car parks or being bashed in a skate park, so i wasn't sure where we should take them. 😛

turns out my son managed to damage his, somehow, even tho i was the one crashing and rolling all the time..

IMG_27022022_175513_(1080_x_608_pixel).thumb.jpg.5b36185cef77050eaede6ee353ba8197.jpg

but sounds like you had fun, i still have not touched my new 124018, not even run it yet, not done the brushless on it

Does anyone know where to buy front shocks for a 144001 (part #1939)? 

All I can find are the rear shocks (part #1316), which I suppose might work with a spacer on the plunger thingy.  I tried buying rear shocks from ebay, which claimed to be genuine and had the right photo, but they sent cheap versions, so now I don't know who to trust.  😕

24 minutes ago, James.S said:

I saw those, but they're for the 104001 - they're 85mm long.  The 144001 front shocks are about 73mm.

I've been looking at the other models, and I'm tempted to try the front shocks of a 124018, which are 72mm.  1mm can't make much difference, can it?

edit: ordered the 124018 shocks.  I'll let you know if they work out in a month or so.  😛

Edited by voorsk
bought some
  • Like 1

@voorsk Ah, yes, right you are. Sorry about that mate, wasn't paying enough attention obviously 😛

Yeah i'm sure the 124018 shocks will work fine, the 1mm difference won't be noticable at all. & haha well hopefully a bit less than a month! The last order I made on Banggood arrived in 8 days so I think they're a bit better these days 

• 4 months later...

I have a 124016 and have a bit of an issue that I am struggling to resolve.  I have bent one of the front pins that connect the swing arm to the chassis but the part isn't the same as the manual, it seems to be a screw with a pin that has a bolt the other side and I cannot find the part to replace it anywhere?  I bought a complete upgrade kit and even in that I don't seem to have anything that would replace this bit.

Does anyone have any advice that may help me?

BMVyKTz.png

Edited by ridfrenzy

• 2 months later...
  • James.S changed the title to WL Toys Owners Thread