• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cuts out on max throttle?

Darkfruits

Help I currently have a Hyper 7 cage buggy with a mac*28 engine and for the life of me can't get it to tune. It cuts out on full throttle and I am novice to the rc nitro world. I've watched videos and all sorts and just having no luck. The car is fairly new and passed it run in stage. Any advice would be great 

Right.....lets start with the basics.

1) What fuel are you running it on?

2) When you say it cuts on full throttle....is that go from standstill and bury the throttle and it dies....or you get up to full speed, and as you hold full throttle it dies?

3) Have you got a temperature gun or similar to check engine temperatures?

4) Have you gone back to a baseline setting and worked from there?

A lot of RC videos I have seen kind of assume a level of understanding, which I think can be a little daunting. I have helped a few guys get up and running on IC cars, and the first thing I always try to do is to teach people the basic thinking for troubleshooting. This will help you link cause and effect a bit, and understand when you see something happening what area to look at. Then, of course, you can search for videos and seek advice asking better questions, and typing the right key words into search engines.

If you can check back on those things, I will be able to fill out a few more details and make a few suggestions to help you get going

• Like 1