• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

BigGinge's EMB Truggy Build Thread

BigGinge

49 minutes ago, MrCake said:

Hmm that will be disappointing if I did miss out!  Have emailed to ask so hopefully they will respond this time.

Odd, Darren from DMS is normally very good with responding, shipments of everything are still all over the place, but Feb is a long time to wait.0

• 1 month later...

I’ve finally modified the original shocks in their now to replace the red alloy parts with some black alternatives so that they meter match the shell colours. 

FD5F4E43-D6C5-4AAF-A2D9-A39D6DE50616.thumb.jpeg.dc4101be47448647bceac830626bfc09.jpeg

The new black alloy parts came from some budget AliExpress shocks and aren’t quite as nice as the originals. They seem like they will do their intended job though and the modified shocks still operate as smoothly as they did before the update (and are much better than the donor shocks). If anyone else ever want to try this these are the parts I bought for this swap:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOzzOju

E22A90FB-1F41-4D6C-95BC-6A98062419E7.thumb.jpeg.1764d489a569330431aa630d573c5ff5.jpeg

532D910F-2AE2-49E5-831A-C0F19386E77E.thumb.jpeg.505213723fc616e57e521257e0dd6789.jpeg

82C5CF0A-D217-40B4-B29C-AD7A561710DD.thumb.jpeg.b3d143f520d32677944e74877a686e76.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/09/2021 at 17:41, MrCake said:

Hmm that will be disappointing if I did miss out!  Have emailed to ask so hopefully they will respond this time.

Any word on yours yet.  im about to ask about mine as it has been 12 weeks now  and they said 6 with the delay.

On 14/10/2021 at 13:14, BigGinge said:

I’ve finally modified the original shocks in their now to replace the red alloy parts with some black alternatives so that they meter match the shell colours. 

FD5F4E43-D6C5-4AAF-A2D9-A39D6DE50616.thumb.jpeg.dc4101be47448647bceac830626bfc09.jpeg

The new black alloy parts came from some budget AliExpress shocks and aren’t quite as nice as the originals. They seem like they will do their intended job though and the modified shocks still operate as smoothly as they did before the update (and are much better than the donor shocks). If anyone else ever want to try this these are the parts I bought for this swap:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOzzOju

E22A90FB-1F41-4D6C-95BC-6A98062419E7.thumb.jpeg.1764d489a569330431aa630d573c5ff5.jpeg

532D910F-2AE2-49E5-831A-C0F19386E77E.thumb.jpeg.505213723fc616e57e521257e0dd6789.jpeg

82C5CF0A-D217-40B4-B29C-AD7A561710DD.thumb.jpeg.b3d143f520d32677944e74877a686e76.jpeg

Hi did you sort out the screw that touches the lipo

2 hours ago, turok007 said:

Hi did you sort out the screw that touches the lipo

I put a design together for a 3D printed battery tray to use in place of the two supplied battery guides but I haven’t printed it out yet. I don’t really have any space in the house for the printer these days, apart from using it on the dining table, as the kids seem to have taken it all up with their stuff. 

The little rubber strips I put down seem to be holding up well though so I’ve been getting by without any damage to my battery packs this far. 

Edited by BigGinge
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

Just got a email saying items are in UK customs  some have been released today  the rest should be soon.

I have heard the same so hopefully mine will be with me soon after 8+ months! 🤣 

Curious what version I get as I think these have meant to have been slowly coming to the UK since Feb so I wonder if they are the older version which had a different transmitter and receiver!?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MrCake said:

I have heard the same so hopefully mine will be with me soon after 8+ months! 🤣 

Curious what version I get as I think these have meant to have been slowly coming to the UK since Feb so I wonder if they are the older version which had a different transmitter and receiver!?

I think i ordered one with motor & ESC / servo.      is the newer TX/RX better than the old one

23 hours ago, turok007 said:

I think i ordered one with motor & ESC / servo.      is the newer TX/RX better than the old one

I don't think there were any issues but they did change it out along with putting a Deans connector for the battery.   Some of the liveries also changed but most places are still showing the old one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2021 at 14:04, BigGinge said:

I’m rather taken by these now:

spacer.png

https://shop.lcracing.net/products/copy-of-l6239-1-14-emb-serires-buggy-body-pc-2020-br-br-font-size-2-font

I suspect it might scratch a rally car itch I’ve had since a friend got a Tamiya Subaru when I was a kid. Only slight issue (ignoring the price/availability) is they don’t fit onto the EMB chassis so it would end up needing a whole new PRG-2 build if I did get one. Still tempting though. 

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/lc-racing-1-10-ptg-2r-4wd-rally-car-kit/

I saw this after it popped up on facebook yesterday. I like that this is a kit now and the small number of upgrades they've put in over stock look very welcome; in particular the adjustable motor mount and mudguard set.

However, I'm not sure that I could seriously consider one yet as DMS still haven't managed to get the original ones into stock (and don't seem to be doing too well in general with LC Racing this year) so I wouldn't be confident on the new kits being easily available in the UK any time soon. Hopefully all the stock/shipping issues can get sorted out over the next year or so though as these are still very tempting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

I saw this after it popped up on facebook yesterday. I like that this is a kit now and the small number of upgrades they've put in over stock look very welcome; in particular the adjustable motor mount and mudguard set.

However, I'm not sure that I could seriously consider one yet as DMS still haven't managed to get the original ones into stock (and don't seem to be doing too well in general with LC Racing this year) so I wouldn't be confident on the new kits being easily available in the UK any time soon. Hopefully all the stock/shipping issues can get sorted out over the next year or so though as these are still very tempting.

Still waiting for mine to turn up  they said 10 days  so might get it very soon.  but if they were on a boat then that would explain the delay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turok007 said:

Still waiting for mine to turn up  they said 10 days  so might get it very soon.  but if they were on a boat then that would explain the delay.

Are you going to ask DMS?  I think they are bored of me asking about mine  🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MrCake said:

Are you going to ask DMS?  I think they are bored of me asking about mine  🤣

i asked on the 20th OCT and they said some had just been released by customs  and the rest should be released in 10 days

But when i first asked if they had stock they said last lot were taken 15th of July  so that's when you should of got yours really.

Normally i would keep asking  but as everything has been on a go slow i will wait a bit. lol

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

i asked on the 20th OCT and they said some had just been released by customs  and the rest should be released in 10 days

But when i first asked if they had stock they said last lot were taken 15th of July  so that's when you should of got yours really.

Normally i would keep asking  but as everything has been on a go slow i will wait a bit. lol

Yes, I heard pretty much the same and 10 days is tomorrow (being kind and only counting  Mon-Fri).  Think something did get messed up with mine and I was somehow missed  as originally they said I would get it in April or May!

7 minutes ago, MrCake said:

Yes, I heard pretty much the same and 10 days is tomorrow (being kind and only counting  Mon-Fri).  Think something did get messed up with mine and I was somehow missed  as originally they said I would get it in April or May!

Don't know what im going to do with mine if it ever gets here.  i was going to keep it  then decided to sell  but might fit the bigger wheels i have for it now 

• Like 1

On 02/11/2021 at 19:01, turok007 said:

Don't know what im going to do with mine if it ever gets here.  i was going to keep it  then decided to sell  but might fit the bigger wheels i have for it now 

I did ask for an update yesterday and will let you know if they respond but tbh it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't email back.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrCake said:

I did ask for an update yesterday and will let you know if they respond but tbh it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't email back.

I was expecting you to say  you finally have it  lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/11/2021 at 20:50, MrCake said:

Are you sitting down  i have just got a tracking number 🤪

• Haha 2