• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

a question for the boat guys ....

BASS 666

hi guys i bought a new boat today sonic wake 36 ... this is my second boat but i haven't owned a boat in years .... did my homework and decided to add another cooling line ... the rudder is now for the motor and the extra line is for the esc ... couple of questions .. did i do the job the correct way  and how far down must the new tube i fitted be to the water ?  iv read about too far down and you get drag so is there a perfect depth for the tube ?  the kit i bought has the big bore tube about 6mm i think and 4mm silicone tubing is that ok for cooling the esc ?  thanks guys ....

DSCF3196.JPG

DSCF3198.JPG

DSCF3199.JPG

DSCF3200.JPG

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BASS 666 said:

hi guys i bought a new boat today sonic wake 36 ... this is my second boat but i haven't owned a boat in years .... did my homework and decided to add another cooling line ... the rudder is now for the motor and the extra line is for the esc ... couple of questions .. did i do the job the correct way  and how far down must the new tube i fitted be to the water ?  iv read about too far down and you get drag so is there a perfect depth for the tube ?  the kit i bought has the big bore tube about 6mm i think and 4mm silicone tubing is that ok for cooling the esc ?  thanks guys ....

DSCF3196.JPG

DSCF3198.JPG

DSCF3199.JPG

DSCF3200.JPG

my trick to test how good it works it to have the outlet tube poking up high then give the boat a quick run  to see how much water is shooting out.  then once you get it working right  connect it back up to motor/esc

51 minutes ago, turok007 said:

my trick to test how good it works it to have the outlet tube poking up high then give the boat a quick run  to see how much water is shooting out.  then once you get it working right  connect it back up to motor/esc

that's a good idea mate might give it a try ...

had the boat out today and the pick up is fine .. the boat seems to bog down a fair bit before getting up onto the plane then its fine but it doesn't seem right to me ..  takes a few seconds to get going and the batteries only last about 6 or 7 mins ...  the batts are new 3s and the boat runs on two of them 6s but it thought they would last a bit more ... 5000 mah and 8000 mah ...  any suggestions ??