• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho Turbo Optima RE RE

grumpyjunior

Apologies for the newbie question. After not owning an RC since the mid 80’s I’ve just built my Turbo Optima RE RE and everything is fine except for one thing. The slightest bump and the left hand side of the Servo Saver link bar (see pic and manual) keeps popping off. I’m not sure if that is a ’thing’ with the Turbo Optimas or I have done something wrong. I am hoping to run it at my local track but am concerned that I am going to be constantly popping it back on lap after lap. Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG_2487.jpg

30619_TURBO_OPTIMA_IM.pdf

3 minutes ago, grumpyjunior said:

Apologies for the newbie question. After not owning an RC since the mid 80’s I’ve just built my Turbo Optima RE RE and everything is fine except for one thing. The slightest bump and the left hand side of the Servo Saver link bar (see pic and manual) keeps popping off. I’m not sure if that is a ’thing’ with the Turbo Optimas or I have done something wrong. I am hoping to run it at my local track but am concerned that I am going to be constantly popping it back on lap after lap. Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG_2487.jpg

30619_TURBO_OPTIMA_IM.pdf 493.66 kB · 0 downloads

looks like its snapped.

Here’s the standard one, but it’s currently out of stock

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/kyosho-servo-saver-optima--400919

What is the dimension centre to centre of the link?  I’m just wondering if one from something else would fit?  For example aluminium Ackerman links are available for the FTX Carnage/Outlaw models for about £3 from China

23 minutes ago, grumpyjunior said:

Thanks for all the help. Trying to source alternatives and have found this. It's for the Optima and not sure it will fit the Turbo. I'm presuming they have the same Servo Saver?

https://www.rcjaz.co.uk/kyosho-optima-2016-aluminum-steering-servo-saver-set-p-90075283.html?options={33}158&ref=cart

Nice!  It looks the same, it probably is the same - at that price it’s well worth a try! 👍

• 1 year later...

Hi

I’ve fitted that alloy servo saver to my new build, appears to be a perfect fit.

Really enjoyed the build, though fitting the electronics took some thought and I made a mess of the body, though I’ve patched it up to look OK.

Running gear is a Surpass Platinum 3600kv motor, Max10 esc with 25 tooth pinion, 51 tooth spur and DS3225 servo.

The wheels have been changed to 2.2” JC Racing, in original style, with Proline tyres, rather than kit, but not decided which I prefer yet. Will run both and decide then.

Edited by SWF
  • Like 3

Nice build dude, body looks tidy enough to me?

Just my opinion obviously, but I think the 2.0 stock wheels look much better, more in keeping size wise with the buggy itself.  Keep the 2.2 JC's for running and the 2.0's for shelf duty?

• Like 1