• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MAXX 4S OWNERS THREAD

turok007

Mine came with the Traxxas CVD's, not sure I'd have bothered myself, from what I hear / read, if you stay with 4S max, and don't continually use the self right, then the stock plastic shafts can last quite well, and if/when they do finally let go, they're cheap to replace.  

Really like this truck, much more than I ever expected to.  Still running stock esc & servo too!

7 hours ago, bertberr said:

Mine came with the Traxxas CVD's, not sure I'd have bothered myself, from what I hear / read, if you stay with 4S max, and don't continually use the self right, then the stock plastic shafts can last quite well, and if/when they do finally let go, they're cheap to replace.  

Really like this truck, much more than I ever expected to.  Still running stock esc & servo too!

I don’t think the shafts suffer to badly from self righting. I snapped the end of one after a cartwheel. £8 for a pair of half shafts, still on the stock servo to. That’s probably the only thing I might change in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gone back to stock battery strap on my other modded Maxx. 

I went with a velcro strap to run 6S, but struggled to keep the tyres on the rims so only run 4S now. Also, i used to rip a velcro strap every run, so back to stock for now:

LyVuQlm.jpg

• Like 2

On 23/07/2022 at 13:26, Kpowell911 said:

Gone back to stock battery strap on my other modded Maxx. 

I went with a velcro strap to run 6S, but struggled to keep the tyres on the rims so only run 4S now. Also, i used to rip a velcro strap every run, so back to stock for now:

LyVuQlm.jpg

I find the stock battery hold bar works ok but make sure there is no free space above the battery otherwise the clamp might not be held in place securely enough and can come undone during a crash. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Can anyone recommend good paddle tires for the Maxx? Also is it necessary to have them on all 4 wheels or can I just do the rear wheels? Planning on running it in the snow. Also looking for stiffer springs.

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE

On 25/10/2022 at 20:25, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Can anyone recommend good paddle tires for the Maxx? Also is it necessary to have them on all 4 wheels or can I just do the rear wheels? Planning on running it in the snow. Also looking for stiffer springs.

Not sure about paddle tyres, proline ones will likely fit and work, ensure you gear down when running paddles as they cause a lot of additional strain on the driveline, can run just rears but you won’t have much steering except from at low speed. 

I assume you want stiffer springs to reduce the chassis slap? Since you are running a heavier power system and wheel/tyre combo it might be a good idea to put slightly stiffer springs. TRX8969 are the stiffer springs. I would suggest slightly thicker than stock oil, 100cst higher will do. Don’t go too thick as it will make the car unstable at speed over terrain. 

7 hours ago, Leo Best said:

Not sure about paddle tyres, proline ones will likely fit and work, ensure you gear down when running paddles as they cause a lot of additional strain on the driveline, can run just rears but you won’t have much steering except from at low speed. 

I assume you want stiffer springs to reduce the chassis slap? Since you are running a heavier power system and wheel/tyre combo it might be a good idea to put slightly stiffer springs. TRX8969 are the stiffer springs. I would suggest slightly thicker than stock oil, 100cst higher will do. Don’t go too thick as it will make the car unstable at speed over terrain. 

I put Losi 60wt in the rear and 50wt in the front. I know it says in the manual it ships with 60wt in the front and rear but it feels more like 35-40wt. I have the V2 Maxx which comes with the stiffer springs.

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, pflatoutbj said:

Where have all the maxxs gone.......

I still have two, I regularly run one of them. Treated her to some brand new Sledgehammers few weeks back;

2V4mx8B.jpg

wfWrb6j.jpeg

N1B5xSa.jpeg

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1