• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MAXX 4S OWNERS THREAD

turok007

Honestly now, Widemaxx + Half Inch Offset wheels/Backflips this is now an astonishingly good RC. Yes this example has had a fortune spent on it, but I love this!

Xp48LHz.jpg

aLSnhMQ.jpg

My only thought now, I think I need a sensored system. Its very smooth, but there is some hesitation. Just dont really wanna go to Castle?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Honestly now, Widemaxx + Half Inch Offset wheels/Backflips this is now an astonishingly good RC. Yes this example has had a fortune spent on it, but I love this!

Xp48LHz.jpg

aLSnhMQ.jpg

My only thought now, I think I need a sensored system. Its very smooth, but there is some hesitation. Just dont really wanna go to Castle?

glad it worked out for you    if they catch on   i might be able to pick a used one up  with all the extras.  as for castle  i use to trust them  but a lot of bad talk about them recently

15 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

You shouldve kept yours haha

Got out quick as prices dropped a bit.    Also didn't fancy paying out for the offset wheels.    I wonder how many have been sold  as it is a lot of cash even before the mods

8 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Xp48LHz.jpg

aLSnhMQ.jpg

You have a very Good job on that car, kudos! Looks awesome 😊

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

Got out quick as prices dropped a bit.    Also didn't fancy paying out for the offset wheels.    I wonder how many have been sold  as it is a lot of cash even before the mods

When did you sell yours?

3 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

You think you may get another?

if a used one turns up with the offset wheels  i might..  have to see what happens with used prices  as you can get a used x maxx for around the same price at moment.  if the 4s maxx starts to sell well then ebay will have more used ones  so prices should drop

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Where are you seeing such cheap X Maxx’s? Haha 

Remember the X requires twice the Lipos and charging. 

For offset wheels, you could always pick up some offset wheels for £20 and switch tyres over

Ebay  i know the x needs double the lipos  but when your going to pay out so much for a 4s maxx  the x might tempt a lot of people.

Just now, Kpowell911 said:

Cheapest I see X Maxxs going for is around £700? A used Maxx is around £450?

a lot more of the x so price drops  fewer of the 4s + needed extras like arms and servo so price go a bit higher.     X at moment with   upgrades + lipos £650     i was tempted  lol     also x is older so price will drop.  Do you know if the 4s is popular on the traxxas forum  i did try to look but just don't like the new layout

6 hours ago, turok007 said:

a lot more of the x so price drops  fewer of the 4s + needed extras like arms and servo so price go a bit higher.     X at moment with   upgrades + lipos £650     i was tempted  lol     also x is older so price will drop.  Do you know if the 4s is popular on the traxxas forum  i did try to look but just don't like the new layout

The Traxxas forum is pretty dead full stop to be honest, its all on Facebook it appears now

• 3 weeks later...

I know I keep saying I got this for decent money, which justifies (to me) spending more on it, but that needs to stop. However. The Black/Blue HR Bellcrank Steering didnt go with the Green….. so Treal to the rescue….

15j6INC.jpg

moBvccY.jpg

The bearings are 1 run old so re used them:

tqME3b0.jpg

Now, I told myself not to listen to Facebook regarding mods. However, there was some criticism regarding chassis slap, which I did agree was an issue.  So I ordered.

Vitavon 10mm Shock Spacers

VG Raing Springs

Thicker oil

I know this is quite a pretty RC, but trust me, this is considerably my most bashed vehicle. As a result it needed a bit of TLC

yyLTX1d.jpg

Re built and oiled with the new springs and spacers

LW9QsD8.jpg

Whole truck needed a clean, so I gave it a once over….

zKK16yv.jpg

3uCDbJb.jpg

SSPwlWc.jpg

qjqvkdW.jpg

1EbItsq.jpg

Now, Ive not THOROUGHLY cleaned it as Im planning to rebuild the whole truck onto a brand new dyed Black Chassis, hence the Rit Dye above 🙂

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 3

So. I maintain that the Maxx (with upgrades, that cost a lot of money) is the best all round RC. My Girlfriend and I regularly bash together, her with a Rustler 4x4 and me with the Maxx. Lately, the terrain has been better for a Maxx, and ideally we could do with a second Maxx……

So, I found what I think is a bargain from Facebook. Modified and fully RTR for half the price of the stock brand new one. I drove an hour to get it, and here it is……

GtPyE7Y.jpg

Lets start with the good:

Fully RTR with a brand new lipo and charger:

GMJNuJc.jpg

Also has £90 worth of Proline Trencher Offset Wheels/Tyres. 

Fo1R7O5.jpg

It has:

Traxxas Widemaxx

Traxxas Widemaxx CVDs

Traxxas 17mm Hex Hubs

Alloy front knuckles (in Blue, not green???)

Alloy front Hubs

Alloy Rear Hubs

Thats pretty much what the Maxx needs out the box! Would have cost around £300 too!

cDdM7CF.jpg

It has an X Maxx 8S ESC. Now Im not a big fan of Traxxas ESCs, but this is the Ultimate one capable of 8s in a large scale. 4S should be a doddle in a lighter truck. 

Condition wise its very good. The pics Ive took look awful, bad lighting and after a wet bash outside. Itll clean up lovely I think. 

zYMlocq.jpg

Now for the bad:

It didnt come with the stock Traxxas Radio (which im a big fan of). It has an Etronix Pulse

Rear bumper screws are missing/wrong. 

And one thing thats my fault…. I didnt check properly. I thought this had the stock Maxx motor (which I kinda wanted myself in my one). However it wasnt till I got home, I noticed its a 3670 2150kv rocket motor. My fault, and from how it performed just, it seems fine. Worst case ill pick up a 2200kv 4274. Orrr scratch an itch Ive had for a while, and get a sensored system in my Green Maxx, and stick the Max 8 combo in this

Edited by Kpowell911