• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MAXX 4S OWNERS THREAD

turok007

The motor is probably a good match to the vehicle, why not just change the ESC? A Hobbywing will give many more tuning options and should be more reliable. 

You'll recoup a decent chunk of change from selling the stock ESC. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, supersavage said:

Toying with picking up a Max8 combo as I'm not sure about the stock electrics. Is it more or less a straight drop in or are there any parts that you need to fit it?

I agree with Tug, Id just get a Max 8 ESC and use the stock 2400kv motor. I run the Max 8 Combo as I had one to hand and brought my Maxx as a roller. 

Youll need an ESC mount, if you flick back a few pages youll see the one @Paul Busby printed me

• Like 1

Thanks guys - I’ve set up my eBay search notifications. 

A seemingly factory standard maxx just went for £313 on eBay, but would pay a little more for one that has a few upgrades. I’m wedded to the idea of keeping my cars light (weight-wise) so I guess, wide kit and upgraded CVDs?

I don’t have anything running 4S either so it should fit nicely in the collection.
I’ll see how far that excuse gets me with the missus…

• Like 1

Got the Max 8 fitted and managed to replace a few bearings but don't have the time to do them all at the moment. So will probably be a winter project as the shocks and diffs need going over.

I managed to give it a run with the Max 8 and on 4s and it's insane, I have no idea why anyone would want to run it on 6s as it must be pretty much undriveable lol. I do wonder if I might have go down a tooth or two on the pinion though as the motor felt a little on the toasty side.

On 24/08/2021 at 21:28, H1q said:

A seemingly factory standard maxx just went for £313 on eBay, but would pay a little more for one that has a few upgrades. I’m wedded to the idea of keeping my cars light (weight-wise) so I guess, wide kit and upgraded CVDs?

Thats an insanely good price!!!

1 minute ago, Kpowell911 said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traxxas-maxx-4s-Widemaxx-/384332153152?hash=item597bfb4140%3Ag%3A9gYAAOSwGJlhGFUY&LH_ItemCondition=3000&nma=true&si=70ovvOvNr04KUyXLAtyrslI2Oog%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This one......

Hmmm, This one is still for sale on Facebook, for £450, the feedback doesnt appear to great AND on top of that, I also agreed to buy a Summit off him on Monday, as I was in the area. We agreed a price, and a pick up time etc..... Then I asked for the Post Code and got not reply......?

I then got a message saying a few days later saying 'sorry I forgot'?

14 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Yup. I’m kicking myself for not keeping an eye out for one earlier!

14 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traxxas-maxx-4s-Widemaxx-/384332153152?hash=item597bfb4140%3Ag%3A9gYAAOSwGJlhGFUY&LH_ItemCondition=3000&nma=true&si=70ovvOvNr04KUyXLAtyrslI2Oog%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This one......

Hmmm, This one is still for sale on Facebook, for £450, the feedback doesnt appear to great AND on top of that, I also agreed to buy a Summit off him on Monday, as I was in the area. We agreed a price, and a pick up time etc..... Then I asked for the Post Code and got not reply......?

I then got a message saying a few days later saying 'sorry I forgot'?

Yeah, this is the one. Ah ok. 
Maybe he pulled out of the transaction on ebay then. 
FB marketplace is a pretty good shout too actually. Haven’t been on there for a while and you do get the odd deal or two. 
👍🏽 

Borrowed a Maxx from a friend for a bit. 
Has the wide maxx kit and metal CVDs. Otherwise stock.

It’s a blast running 4S!

I’ve not (yet) driven a more capable 1/10 scale car. It glides across fields effortlessly and pulls wheelies more easily than I thought it would.

I agree with you guys - even with the wide maxx kit on, you get more rolls than at your local Greggs, but I reckon this would make a pretty epic basher. 

• Like 1

I was never 100% happy with the steering on this, considering its all upgraded, and has a £116 servo. Decided to buy a set of bearings for the bellcranks with the bulkhead (Cheers Modelsport for the rapid post)

eNw5YoK.jpg

Turns out the bearings in the Hot Racing Bellcrank Steering were fine, but there was one missing….. No idea if its something Ive done, or wasnt installed right by the previous owner either way, theyre replaced and the steering seems

better. Bulkheads been swapped over, Id done a proper job of it!

5TLWUDI.jpg

Kinda wish Id gone Vitavon, as it wasnt a very nice job changing it….

But ready to fight another day now

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 2

On 23/06/2021 at 09:49, Kpowell911 said:

HkaH03g.jpg

Really happy with how it looks. Just need the body shell plastics now

3 Months later.... The mounting kit come

vIQ97Sb.jpeg

So can finally mount the shell and replace the blown tyres

xxS2vsM.jpeg

FCkV4tb.jpeg

Thats finished for now. Eventually, I think  Ill get the Green Vitavon Bulkheads but thats £300, which is absolutely bonkers, but hey

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1