• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MAXX 4S OWNERS THREAD

turok007

6s, thats more like it! Just had a great run with the Maxx, this is how it should be. However…….

The only Arrma product I own, DESTROYED in however long it takes to go from 4.2v to 3.9v……. Obviously they mean 4s only…..

0kigvSG.jpg

ha5Qi4S.jpg

Not sure what to do tyre wise now….

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

6s, thats more like it! Just had a great run with the Maxx, this is how it should be. However…….

The only Arrma product I own, DESTROYED in however long it takes to go from 4.2v to 3.9v……. Obviously they mean 4s only…..

0kigvSG.jpg

ha5Qi4S.jpg

just a thought, could you gorilla tape inside to strengthen them abit?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

0kigvSG.jpg

ha5Qi4S.jpg

How much did the handling improve with the wider stance.  And taping tyres is supposed to work

i really want a monster truck again but there is so many out there, the maxx one is just right size, the xmaxx imo is too big.

there is the new one that is in the rc news, rapid x 2.0 one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, froggy8 said:

i really want a monster truck again but there is so many out there, the maxx one is just right size, the xmaxx imo is too big.

there is the new one that is in the rc news, rapid x 2.0 one.

That’s gorgeous. 

1. I do like the Maxx, but with the widekit/cvds/hubs, its not exactly cheap! Try and find a modded used one?
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

That’s gorgeous. 

1. I do like the Maxx, but with the widekit/cvds/hubs, its not exactly cheap! Try and find a modded used one?

yeah was thinking about looking for one on ebay soon.

2 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

yeah was thinking about looking for one on ebay soon.

prices are coming down a bit on ebay  as more are showing up  but don't expect them to drop to much  in this craze market  lol

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, turok007 said:

prices are coming down a bit on ebay  as more are showing up  but don't expect them to drop to much  in this craze market  lol

just had a quick look on ebay. for second hand they are around 800 to a grand but brand new ones are about 500.

4 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

just had a quick look on ebay. for second hand they are around 800 to a grand but brand new ones are about 500.

Do you have a link as i cannot see any for sale at moment

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turok007 said:

Do you have a link as i cannot see any for sale at moment

sorry, i did type in ebay 'traxxas maxx' and it showed up as x maxx but i didn't see the x though.

Just now, froggy8 said:

sorry, i did type in ebay 'traxxas maxx' and it showed up as x maxx but i didn't see the x though.

when i was looking for parts  i found it hard as X maxx parts would show up   they should of named it a little better

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

It's definitely a used one but it's in better condition than the pictures show. I will probably get a load of parts in over the next few months so I can give it a refresh over winter. The only thing I'm unsure of is the electrics or ESC as feels like there's a odd delay when applying throttle. Though that might be because I'm only using 3s at the moment. I  get some 4s batteries at some point. 

aBnGW7l.jpg

UbVHDPK.jpg

• Like 2

Only run it a couple of times on my 3s batteries. But first impressions are I like it. And I think it might be nearly perfect for me as it's small enough to take on my bike somewhere, though it is heavier than I was expecting. Plus parts aren't overly expensive either. I'll probably stick with 4s as I think that will be enough power for me.

• Like 1

Ordered a bunch of parts to start refreshing it. I'm going to order a bearing kit as well next week from RC Bearings, the bearings on it seem fine but I want to replace them as it will give me a chance to tear into the truck and see whether there's anything else I need.

Edited by supersavage

Got a few spares and parts to start refreshing it, so far I have 

Front and rear bulkheads (not really need but I got them just in case)

Front and rear suspension arms as I may need to replace the rear ones but spare arms are always useful to have.

Front and rear hubs

Aluminium red hexes as I don't really want to upgrade to the steel driveshafts unless I have to.

Front bulkhead tie bar not sure I needed but I got it anyway.

Any other worth while up grades or things to get for this? 

23 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Got a few spares and parts to start refreshing it, so far I have 

Front and rear bulkheads (not really need but I got them just in case)

Front and rear suspension arms as I may need to replace the rear ones but spare arms are always useful to have.

Front and rear hubs

Aluminium red hexes as I don't really want to upgrade to the steel driveshafts unless I have to.

Front bulkhead tie bar not sure I needed but I got it anyway.

Any other worth while up grades or things to get for this? 

CVDs and 17mm Hexes are considered the only necessary ones, but not cheap

• Like 1