• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MAXX 4S OWNERS THREAD

turok007

So, pretty pointless, but necessary:

XLMNRhK.jpeg

Green one to replace the red one

zmKKYSd.jpeg

UqVyfU6.jpeg

Not a perfect match with Traxxas Green, but hey

ZpzQE5W.jpeg

Green Motor mount next.

I've been advised to go with Offset E-Revo wheels and my choice of tyres, just means I've got to glue them 😞

28 minutes ago, Guns said:

So, pretty pointless, but necessary:

XLMNRhK.jpeg

Green one to replace the red one

zmKKYSd.jpeg

UqVyfU6.jpeg

Not a perfect match with Traxxas Green, but hey

ZpzQE5W.jpeg

Green Motor mount next.

I've been advised to go with Offset E-Revo wheels and my choice of tyres, just means I've got to glue them 😞

Could the wider hexes be used   or would that put to much strain on the hubs

Just now, turok007 said:

Could the wider hexes be used   or would that put to much strain on the hubs

Id imagine you could get wider hexes, but I run the CVDs and 17mm hex conversion sooo?

How you getting on with yours

1 minute ago, Guns said:

Id imagine you could get wider hexes, but I run the CVDs and 17mm hex conversion sooo?

How you getting on with yours

Still need to give it a run lol  i was working on the slash  and sawback .  i have lowered the maxx so hope it won't want to turn over to easy  or it might be up for sale.  Will give it a run tomorrow if rain holds off.

On 16/06/2021 at 21:59, Guns said:

Ok then, the parts needed to run this turned up whilst I was away, but Im back now….

Pinion, 3D Printed ESC mount from @Paul Busby and an XT90

W52YxSi.jpg

I provided the link for Paul to print which he did perfectly, however it needed a little notch taking out…. I took too much out but hey…

DrTQRHs.jpg

GDS Pinion, very wide, slightly wider than the Wide Spur option. Ive gone 24/46 with a Centre Diff

3FW8hPh.jpg

Green motor mount and green servo mount are on their way…..

pphiVGO.jpg

VagVI2h.jpg

Maiden run……. Only in the cul de sac to be fair……

Ive been brutally harsh on my EXB, so just because this is Traxxas. Its only fair im the same….

Performance is obviously fine, its a 2200kv on 4s, I’ll probably run 3s more often to be honest. It wheelies even with the centre diff, and the wheelie bar doesnt seem in the right place to be of any help, Im sure this can be solved with some diff tuning and some esc/tx settings. 

It feels very very ‘fun’ to drive, very playful but……. i simply cannot imagine what this is like without a wide kit. It still rolls over easily…. Which is annoying….. I think this needs Wide Maxx PLUS Offset wheels to be bashable….

Im in a good place financially with this, the money is there for offset wheels (although I cant find any)….

I also had some vague steering but that was solved by rebuilding (and thread locking) the Hot Racing Alloy Steering Bellcranks as they were very loose

Im sure with some wider wheels (Ive got the money for a new shell/wheels/tyres anyway, but. backflip 4s’ arent offset pre mounted…… Im sure this is going to be solid when I bash it, but out the box, if Id paid £600+ for this without the Widekit etc I dont think id be too happy. Had I brought everything new thats on this one, with the electrics id be into around £1500…..Thats not good enough, its simply too much for what you get. 

Im personally happy with mine, it looks amazing, and by the time Id sold the bits, the roller cost me £250, I took the electrics out the EXB, and Ill pay £80ish for some offset wheels/tyres. Itll always be worth around what i paid, and Im hoping itll be strong as an ox in other areas…..

So, if you’re thinking of buying a new Maxx……. Dont, buy an MT410

Heres mine with what she is replacing….

H9qfhEm.jpg

Did try and tell ya MT410 for the win 😂.  Atleast you never dropped a fortune on it and what you have you’ll make back if you sell it anyway so nothing lost 👍👍. Get a set of e revo 2.0 wheels and tyres off eBay 👍

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Did try and tell ya MT410 for the win 😂.  Atleast you never dropped a fortune on it and what you have you’ll make back if you sell it anyway so nothing lost 👍👍. Get a set of e revo 2.0 wheels and tyres off eBay 👍

Tried to get E Revo set, but couldn’t find any so ordered the stuff now. 

If work picks up, Ill maybe get an MT410 around Xmas

• Like 1

The extra height will take away some of the new offset.  The wheel looks huge next to the old one  but don't look that big on the car  will have to see it with a shell

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Have to say she looks a beauty now much better with those wheels and tyres 👍👍

Im over the moon with how it looks, also how ‘tough’ the HD shell feels! Just waiting on the bits to come into stock to mount it. Ive brought some lower pinions too, and I may get rid of the centre diff and go back to whatever stock was?

Run it on road the other day and roll was not as bad as i was expecting but on 4s it didn't seem to quick with 24T pinion. It pops a wheelie easily and if you hit the brakes it wants to flip.    But tried it on grass today and not happy with how it cannot really handle corners.

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

Run it on road the other day and roll was not as bad as i was expecting but on 4s it didn't seem to quick with 24T pinion. It pops a wheelie easily and if you hit the brakes it wants to flip.    But tried it on grass today and not happy with how it cannot really handle corners.

Im hoping offset wheels really help, Ill let you know how I get on. 

• Like 1

Just to keep in line with the theme, I wanted a green motor plate…… but I could only find the whole thing, from GPM….. but its not too bad to be fair and the extra alloy may help with cooling:

I also got some pinions to gear down slightly

xSiAA4x.jpg

xQ830ao.jpg

The outer ring is for the stock smaller motor. 

2lfzZlq.jpg

Much better…. For what you can see of it

jFKCwJP.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Rarer than they should be but hey. Just waiting on a new latch system to come into stock now

XaWELc2.jpg

won't the latch system work from the old shell