• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Where do you run your high speed rc?

VeryGingerNinja

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Holy ramolly thats 1 hell of a speed you got out of that :insane:

Will you be trying for even faster this year ?

Thanks and yes always trying to beat my own PB's. :lol: 

Hoping at the next event to get it into the 130's. :good:

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

Well good luck mate :good:

Thanks appreciate that. 
Cars all ready to go so just need nice weather in August and I'll give it my best shot.  😀

• 2 years later...
11 minutes ago, antoni capone said:

Hi is the august dates for 2014???id really like to attend.wasn’t sure if this was an old thread 👍

It is old, the new dates are published yearly, join the facebook group linked by Mr G, (sorry theres no other way really to keep informed)
Here is the latest info.

Hi fellow speed runners.
ROSSA UK dates are as follows. Pricing and booking in will be confirmed within the next 2 weeks.
Snowdonia Aerospace, Llanbedr, North Wales. May 31st to June 2nd, 3 day event.
August 2nd to the 4th, 3 day event.
Elvington Airfield, Yorkshire, September 12th to the 14th, 3 day event.
We look forward to seeing everyone, bring on 2024!!!
Please bear with us on pricing and booking. Thanks, The ROSSA Ops team.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a Felony for getting into the speed runs scene, spent quite a bit upgrading parts etc, then realised there are no places suitable within 80 miles of my house. So sold it.

Edited by JonnyUK

3 hours ago, JonnyUK said:

I bought a Felony for getting into the speed runs scene, spent quite a bit upgrading parts etc, then realised there are no places suitable within 80 miles of my house. So sold it.

This is my concern. Im not an Arrma fan at all, but Id love to do an Infraction build..... Then I realised, in the real world I sometimes struggle to get top speed out of my brushed Tamiya on roads......

• Haha 1

This is the very reason pretty much all my rc are off road type, so much easier to find a large grass area and even if you do find a car park it has them rc killing kerbs everywhere or you run over a pebble and you are sliding down the car park on your roof

• Like 1

On 15/03/2024 at 23:08, wolfie1 said:

This is the very reason pretty much all my rc are off road type, so much easier to find a large grass area and even if you do find a car park it has them rc killing kerbs everywhere or you run over a pebble and you are sliding down the car park on your roof

This is why i quit speed runs, i loved being part of it and at one point i was sure i had the fastest FTX Vantage (62 MPH) but lack of suitable roads to run on called time for me

I think speed runners are better if you live in the US.  Wider roads and a hell of a lot more empty places. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JonnyUK said:

I think speed runners are better if you live in the US.  Wider roads and a hell of a lot more empty places. 

Interestingly I have entered a raffal competition to try win a speed runner from Raz Shifren, God knows what I would do with it should I win more than likely sell it on

• Haha 1