• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tenth Technology Streetwise/DTM

Justhandguns

I have just acquired a vintage TTech Streetwise in a very basic configuration, no carbon nor alloy dampers.  I am looking for the instruction manual so that I can service the car a bit easier, can anyone help?  

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

After a month of posting, apparently nobody really has any info except somebody selling the Streetwise manual on ebay for some 20quids......

Anyway, I have completely stripped and cleaned the chassis and modified a couple of parts. More parts will come, steering links, servo mount etc.

Still thinking of what power unit I should put it, the theme is mild and reasonably cheap.  I don't want a bullet and destroy the 20+ yr old car.

Enjoy!

streetwise1.jpg

Edited by Justhandguns

Hi Storm, thanks! I also found those as well.  Some info are useful, but most of them aren't very detailed. I suspected that some TTech cars were shipped semi-assembled in those days. I slowly worked my way through the dissembling and tried to order new screws and replacement parts along the way, so far so good. The difficult part would be finding some good pushrods to replace the thin stock one for the steering link. The suspension was way ahead of its time but sadly the steering setup was from the 80s'. It apparently uses a weak M2 cleives/clip from RC planes to connect it to the steering rack.😤

This Streetwise is the most basic version of any TTech cars, most of the gears are plastic as well as the ball-diffs, and it is almost impossible to find any upgrades these days. The only option is to find some custom CnC or 3D printing shops if I get desperate. Anyway, see of I can get hold of a good old  X11 or XK98 later on (if somebody wants to sell their collection!)

• 2 weeks later...

If you are on Facebook look up a group called iconic RC there's a lot of knowledge (lots of racers who were active at the same time as the  tenth tech developments)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi! Nice to meet someone with   the same car. I have had it since i was a teenager. Nowadays I wanted to retake it. But my biggest problem is finding spare parts. I dont know why the transmission breaks so easily. I wonder if  there would be some metal spare parts instead of plastic ones. Would anyone know where can I find spare parts? Or if this cars have some generic parts you can use?

thank you so much for your help.