• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Acme cyclone upgrades

johnboybelfast

Guys I have been working on my old Acme cyclone to bring it back to its former glory. I haven't did a bad job so far / new force 18 engine swapped out all bushings for bearings good clean and diff maintenance and a fue blue aluminium upgrades . I really want to upgrade to a 2 speed transmission but I can't seem to find it online where can I get this upgrade thanks.😄 

Edited by johnboybelfast

You are going to struggle to find one. Basically....its down to setting up a search/alert on E-Bay and waiting for one to pop up. If I were you, I would look for a complete car with a 2 speed, to keep for spares as well. A quick search found me 2 speed clutch bells...but no 2 speed centre diff assemblies or parts for one.

It's an old car, and spares are quite thin on the ground...so if the 2 speed was not a popular upgrade...it could be a long search. At least you can use the car as is!

What you have done so far looks nice 🙂

Edited by Nitroholic
  • Like 1

Thanks very much bro iam proud of it, thing is I don't want to stop there I want to go all aluminium but can't get any more parts iam doing some research on other 1/10 modles to see if I can get some interchangeable parts...thanks for the tips 👌👌

Try Simon at rcscrapyard, very knowledgeable  and good at sourcing parts. Also SRI remote toys online. My Cyclone is great, kids love it, yours looks good, better than mine!

Also the Condor 2speed fits so search both cars 👍

13 minutes ago, Grantus said:

Try Simon at rcscrapyard, very knowledgeable  and good at sourcing parts. Also SRI remote toys online. My Cyclone is great, kids love it, yours looks good, better than mine!

Also the Condor 2speed fits so search both cars 👍

Nice one bro thanks for the info 😊

18 minutes ago, johnboybelfast said:

Nice one bro thanks for the info 😊

No worries,I've checked both and no joy😒. I did get a replacement 2 speed from SRI a few months ago so worth checking in 👍

• Like 1

Nice one! Shows that bargains can be had!I'm going to have a go at locking the rear diff on my cyclone so it's more of a drift car. I'll keep you posted once I've done it 👍

Enjoy your new purchase 👍😊

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grantus said:

Nice one! Shows that bargains can be had!I'm going to have a go at locking the rear diff on my cyclone so it's more of a drift car. I'll keep you posted once I've done it 👍

Enjoy your new purchase 👍😊

Yes definitely do my friend 😊

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nitroholic said:

Thats a real result 🙂

Good 2 speed, and a full car for parts with virtually no usage on it. A new 2 speed setup would have cost you more than you paid for this.

So the rest of the parts are pretty much free!

I know man I have payed the guy but he hasn't got back to me today about tracking but it am sure he wasn't a scammer he was sending me live pic of the cars so let's hope

2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Nice pick up and it gives you a roller for spares to keep your 1 going :good:

Yup well chuffed thanks bro

On 11/05/2021 at 08:33, Nitroholic said:

You are going to struggle to find one. Basically....its down to setting up a search/alert on E-Bay and waiting for one to pop up. If I were you, I would look for a complete car with a 2 speed, to keep for spares as well. A quick search found me 2 speed clutch bells...but no 2 speed centre diff assemblies or parts for one.

It's an old car, and spares are quite thin on the ground...so if the 2 speed was not a popular upgrade...it could be a long search. At least you can use the car as is!

What you have done so far looks nice 🙂

Got it bro👌

20210930_004154.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Theres no diff in the centre just the spear gear and the front and back has proper diffs but there a lot smaller than your average 1/8 scale buggy or mt diff and I find there of a very low quality and oil just just leeks out so a bit of grease is perfect.