• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

CORE RC ENGINE SPEAKER MODULES

.AJ.

View full news article

• Like 1

God no .....

I was fine until he pushed the throttle forward, and it revved up and proceeded to do fake 'gearchange' pulses of the throttle. Then the sqeal of brakes when he slowed and applied brakes. Cringeworthy( but...you can turn it off!)
I was engaging 'laugh' mode when the diesel motor noise has built in 'air brakes' hissing as the pressure releases. Again, that is something you can turn off for anything diesel using hydraulic brakes and I would!

I get the idea.....and on my RC tank models, they use sound modules to replicate all the tank noises including engine....but you just want engine note to rise with more throttle, and fall with less. Like an engine does. Fake gearchange noises will just keep going and going and going and going and going....

Really not for me... I'm out

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

A hideous screech of tortured souls? 😉

Haha  :lol:  Actually I think that's a fairly accurate description

3 minutes ago, James.S said:

Haha  :lol:  Actually I think that's a fairly accurate description

The only time in my entire life that a nitro made me sit up and listen was when @Nitroholic ran his twin engined Savage, that actually sounded awesome. 

And to stay on topic, I've probably got several cars that could use these sound boxes. I love BL, but metal to metal gears whining is not a pleasant sound, hence my interest in these. I think there's three or four companies making them now. 

Edited by Tug

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

The only time in my entire life that a nitro made me sit up and listen was when @Nitroholic ran his twin engined Savage, that actually sounded awesome. 

There was a guy at my local off-road track that used to run a twin engine savage. Must be going back about 13/14 years now but I still remember how mean it sounded. Fast too. Really cool bit of kit.

I'm still yet to get my LST2 up & running again but I do plan to this summer season. I just feel like it's going to be a struggle finding a place to use the thing without pissing people off.

• Like 1