• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Back in the RC game!

willsm

Hey folks,

Just wanted to say hello!

The proud owner of:

Tamiya Baja bug (modded up to the eyeballs) RR

Kyosho Tomahawk RR

Team Corally Radix 4 XP

Just got the Radix today and OMG that thing is fast as f*ck! Crazy fast! Tearing up the local park.

I'm based in the Reading area and am looking for some good bashing spots - anyone know of any? Any RC clubs nearby? Any race tracks?

Only just getting back into the hobby and am loving it! Funny what lockdown does to 40 year old men.

IMG_20210420_221236.jpg

IMG_20210420_221220.jpg

IMG_20210420_221207.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James.S said:

Hello mate, that's a nice little collection you're building already, welcome to the forum  :good:

Cheers, yeah I remeber my first RC car was a mardave meteor. Classic. Since getting the Team Corally I've realised 1/8 scale is a totallyt different ball game. Think I like the 1/8 scale more! Faster.

34 minutes ago, willsm said:

Cheers, yeah I remeber my first RC car was a mardave meteor. Classic. Since getting the Team Corally I've realised 1/8 scale is a totallyt different ball game. Think I like the 1/8 scale more! Faster.

Not necessarily faster, but definitely tougher. Much more stable with more weight and area on ground so able to handle speed better. I agree though, 1/8 is more fun, but it comes with a price tag that worries me about bashing too hard.