• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi everyone!

I’m just getting back into this hobby at the age of 38!  As a kid I was obsessed with RC for a good few years owning various cheaper models from Mardave and Tamiya. Back then I really wanted to race, but I just didn’t  have the funds. Things just fizzled out, other things took my attention as a teenager! 

I now have kids and bough my daughter a basic RC for Xmas. It definitely reignited something and it wasn’t long before I was buying myself something. I got a WLToys 144001. It has been great fun but I’ve already spent the value of the car in spares! I’m now looking for something a little more premium. 

I’ve toyed with the idea of racing, but there isn’t a huge amount going on in the northwest which is a shame. I would probably struggle to justify the time and ongoing cost if I’m honest! 

Anyway it would be great to get some ideas for a step up at around the £300 mark? I’m heavily leaning towards LC Racing, as I know that is what my 144001 is based on. My hope would be that I would be getting something similar but of a much better quality that I’m not having to repair every week! 

Thanks!!

• Like 1

On 22/04/2021 at 15:59, Clayton01 said:

Hi and welcome mate have you looked at the arrma typhon or the Hoboa hyper ? 👍

Hi, I’ve certainly been looking at the Arrma products, they look really rugged. My only reservation is the size. I know it that the size helps further with durability and means it is better suited to a wider range of conditions. But I do love the smaller form factor of the LC racing products. It’s a little easier to take out as I can just throw it in a bag. 

I’m now leaning towards the LC EMB-MT and seeing how tough I can make it with after market parts.