• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi all! Which of these should I start of with?

Jam_up

Hi folks! 

I thought I’d sign up instead of just browsing - the guides have been a terrific help so far as I’m a complete newbie to the RC car world.

I recently purchased a Bezgar 6 1:16 (rebranded HBX 16889 brushed) off Amazon for a nephew and ended up having a ton of fun myself, so I want to buy a RC car of my own now!

I’m looking to stick with the budget theme and have eyed out the LC Racing EMB-Tand its cheap clone the Wltoys 124019. I was wondering which you’d suggest for a newbie starting out? I’ve never tinkered before and would like to learn about RC cars in general (I’d like to upgrade to a brushless motor in the 124019 at some point), but the EMB-T seems to be a great piece of kit out the box and looks much more robust? Which would you suggest? 

I’ll probably invest in an Arrma or Traxxas later on but I quite like the look of these small cars to start of with. Off course I’ll be up for any other suggestions you make. 

Cheers,

Jam.

If you can afford the EMB....it's worth the money as the WL Toys car would need more cash throwing at it if you planned to start throwing brushless at it etc. EMB comes with all the speed a car that size would need

On a tight budget, the WL Toys offers a lot of fun for the cash, but I would expect it to start to break more when you start upgrading the power significantly. If you go that route, accept it for what it is, enjoy it as is....and save that extra cash towards the next car you want!

But....and here's the thing....you are already thinking about your next car and an upgrade. Maybe look to pick up a used vehicle? If you are potentially going to move it on to buy b igger and better, you will lose less in terms of depreciation

• Like 1

On 11/04/2021 at 13:45, Jam_up said:

Hi folks! 

I thought I’d sign up instead of just browsing - the guides have been a terrific help so far as I’m a complete newbie to the RC car world.

I recently purchased a Bezgar 6 1:16 (rebranded HBX 16889 brushed) off Amazon for a nephew and ended up having a ton of fun myself, so I want to buy a RC car of my own now!

I’m looking to stick with the budget theme and have eyed out the LC Racing EMB-Tand its cheap clone the Wltoys 124019. I was wondering which you’d suggest for a newbie starting out? I’ve never tinkered before and would like to learn about RC cars in general (I’d like to upgrade to a brushless motor in the 124019 at some point), but the EMB-T seems to be a great piece of kit out the box and looks much more robust? Which would you suggest? 

I’ll probably invest in an Arrma or Traxxas later on but I quite like the look of these small cars to start of with. Off course I’ll be up for any other suggestions you make. 

Cheers,

Jam.

I'm also new  to the electric RC world and after getting my son a Bezgar 1/10 I bought myself a FTX Vantage to start and I can highly recommend 👍

Edited by Clayton01
Spelling mistake

Thanks for the welcome guys. 

20 hours ago, Nitroholic said:

If you can afford the EMB....it's worth the money as the WL Toys car would need more cash throwing at it if you planned to start throwing brushless at it etc. EMB comes with all the speed a car that size would need

On a tight budget, the WL Toys offers a lot of fun for the cash, but I would expect it to start to break more when you start upgrading the power significantly. If you go that route, accept it for what it is, enjoy it as is....and save that extra cash towards the next car you want!

But....and here's the thing....you are already thinking about your next car and an upgrade. Maybe look to pick up a used vehicle? If you are potentially going to move it on to buy b igger and better, you will lose less in terms of depreciation

Fair point on the quality. I reckon that’s enough to sway me to the EMB or something else. I don’t mind getting a bigger/better car now but I’d quite like to have that sense of an “upgrade” when it comes round to it.

57 minutes ago, Clayton01 said:

I'm new to the electric RC world and after getting my son a Bezgar 1/10 I bought myself a fzx vantage to start and I can highly recommend 👍

I’ve actually just had a look at that and it looks a great alternative. A few mod options too. Thanks for the suggestion! 

Edited by Jam_up
  • Like 1