• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and shareย all things R/C!

High speed chit chat thread and banter

Lone-wolf

6 minutes ago, Redback said:

Awesome work, shame on the video, is this on 3s?
Have you played with the boost and turbo timing in full sensored, you can hear the turbo kick in on my 108 run using the xerun and i feel the boost made a big difference.

ย 

Thanks mate๐Ÿ‘ Yeah 3s. Found the video!๐Ÿ‘

Not played with the turbo settings yet. I turned the punch down to start with just to help smooth power delivery.ย 

I'm gonna have a look at the settings soon.ย  I'm pretty sure that setup has a few more mph in it.ย 

I thought I had smoothly got on to near enough full throttle on one run and it spun the wheels. Lots of top end power

I want your 60mm can now ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steephill said:

Thanks mate๐Ÿ‘ Yeah 3s. Found the video!๐Ÿ‘

Not played with the turbo settings yet. I turned the punch down to start with just to help smooth power delivery.ย 

I'm gonna have a look at the settings soon.ย  I'm pretty sure that setup has a few more mph in it.ย 

I thought I had smoothly got on to near enough full throttle on one run and it spun the wheels. Lots of top end power

I want your 60mm can now ๐Ÿ˜‰

I ran on lvl 1 punch iirc, but turned on full sensored and turned on boost after a few sec, i think i posted my setup in the Banzai thread, i might still have it setup as its up for sale ๐Ÿ˜‰ kinda wanna keep running it but im sure the new gearing would kill the esc.
Its got lots more potential the more room you have to ease it in, this way you also reduce the drain on the batteries, out of interest whats the mah and c rating?
ย 

5 minutes ago, Redback said:

I ran on lvl 1 punch iirc, but turned on full sensored and turned on boost after a few sec, i think i posted my setup in the Banzai thread, i might still have it setup as its up for sale ๐Ÿ˜‰ kinda wanna keep running it but im sure the new gearing would kill the esc.
Its got lots more potential the more room you have to ease it in, this way you also reduce the drain on the batteries, out of interest whats the mah and c rating?
ย 

The batteries are nothing special. Overlander sport track 4500mah 55c burst. I'm going to try and pick up some higher discharge 3 and 4 cell batteries.ย 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 06/06/2022 at 07:47, Nick said:

I won't be there but the other Nick from workshop at Modelsport might be, he has a few speed run cars. :good:

ย 

I chatted to Nick a fair bit over the two days I was there. Really nice guy.ย 

Little video here of my runs.ย :good:

ย 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Good runs!

ย 

Nick said he hit 150 too. :good:

ย 

He did indeed.ย 
Was good seeing him run that Maverick truck as well, ...very cool looking thing and pretty impressive how well it ran.ย 

• Like 1

On 22/06/2022 at 18:07, Nick said:

Good runs!

ย 

Nick said he hit 150 too. :good:

ย 

He did awesome for his first time at ROSSA and to go away with 2 hats is something else, well done to him!
ย 

On 22/06/2022 at 17:50, GMballistic said:

I chatted to Nick a fair bit over the two days I was there. Really nice guy.ย 

Little video here of my runs.ย :good:

ย 

Was good to see you again mate and see your car run, shame about your typhon but least you was able to commit the limitless and smash those pbs!

Was most impressed from the 69mph from the lads little savage xs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

I see Raz Shifren and Kev Talbot are going to UK ROSSA

Yes that's right.ย 
I think it's going to be good for ROSSA to have two such well known YouTuber's go and hopefully they both do well.ย 

It will also be good for Kevin Talbot to be running somewhere where he can at least get the most from his build. We all know Raz is fast AF but Kevs project really hasn't shown that much potential yet or at least its full potential.ย 

Goingย  to be one heck of an event. Can't wait.ย :good:
ย 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

That's seriously impressive, and the level of noise that beast produces, it's louder than one of those bloody Tesla and other full size electric cars.ย  And really puts my ambitions of building a TT-02 that will do over 100mph and a HoBao Hyper Cage that will also go above 100mph at R.O.S.S.A. into perspective