• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

High speed chit chat thread and banter

Lone-wolf

3 hours ago, steephill said:

Did a few more speed runs this evening. 

The 124019 did 63mph. A little improvement but motor change needed. 

And I gave the ftx vantage it's first speed run, managed 59mph. Not too bad for first go. 

IMG_20220409_195145

Ran a xerun 3656sd motor 3300kv on 3s. 

Big thanks to @Redback for helping with the gearing👍

Got a few different motors to try, so hopefully the next run, bigger numbers. 

IMG_20220409_195211Screenshot_20220409_202737_com.gps.revogi

Where is that? Looks like a nice quiet spot. And I live in Rossendale too, so hopefully it’s local to me🤞

Edit: Hold on, is that by Fearns?

Edited by Fat Freddy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fat Freddy said:

Where is that? Looks like a nice quiet spot. And I live in Rossendale too, so hopefully it’s local to me🤞

Edit: Hold on, is that by Fearns?

Yeah mate, Fearns moss. You really have to pick your time carefully as it can be quite busy. I got a good few runs tonight from just after 7pm 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steephill said:

Yeah mate, Fearns moss. You really have to pick your time carefully as it can be quite busy. I got a good few runs tonight from just after 7pm 

I have a TT02 with a 4000kv motor and a recently purchased 3s.

I can’t even get to full throttle without running out of car park. …. Or just spinning out if I’m too keen with it.

I’m not particularly serious about speed runs, or kidding myself it’ll break any records, but am curious how fast it’ll go.

I might pop up there one day👍

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Fat Freddy said:

I have a TT02 with a 4000kv motor and a recently purchased 3s.

I can’t even get to full throttle without running out of car park. …. Or just spinning out if I’m too keen with it.

I’m not particularly serious about speed runs, or kidding myself it’ll break any records, but am curious how fast it’ll go.

I might pop up there one day👍

I'm really enjoying the speed runs, it's good fun. I've got another potential spot on carrs industrial estate. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steephill said:

I'm really enjoying the speed runs, it's good fun. I've got another potential spot on carrs industrial estate. 

That's walking distance for me. Let me know when you going one day and I might pop along with my Tamiya. 👍

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Redback said:

Hows the shell and tires look after the wipe out, pics please 🙂 Did it land on its wheels or roof? Cant wait to see the video, sorry to hear about the crash, you got away lucky with some scuffs why did it crash?

I'm not 100% sure why but I ended up drifting towards the curb and clipped it. After many rolls it ended up on it's wheels. The shell isn't awful, probably not particularly aerodynamic now though 😄The wheels are fine, just very minor scuffs on the rim.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redback said:

Wow what did you hit, it wasnt a curb is that a single cats eye or something. Sparks flying!
unknown.pngunknown.png

Good spot, I've no idea! I thought it was the drains but from those screenshots it was already out of control before I hit them!

• Like 1

On 10/04/2022 at 14:08, steephill said:

You might want to check out the Knowlsely Road industrial estate. I was there yesterday and straight away thought “speed runs”.  Long straight and slightly downhill.

Very busy and lots of parked cars during the day, but I reckon it might be pretty quiet in the evening. 🤞

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Fat Freddy said:

You might want to check out the Knowlsely Road industrial estate. I was there yesterday and straight away thought “speed runs”.  Long straight and slightly downhill.

Very busy and lots of parked cars during the day, but I reckon it might be pretty quiet in the evening. 🤞

That's the other location I mentioned, Carrs Industrial estate, Commerce St. Should be pretty quiet in the evenings 👍

• Like 1

Awesome work, shame on the video, is this on 3s?
Have you played with the boost and turbo timing in full sensored, you can hear the turbo kick in on my 108 run using the xerun and i feel the boost made a big difference.

Edited by Redback
  • Thanks 1