• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

High speed chit chat thread and banter

Lone-wolf

Just now, everclear1984 said:

Surely the postal damage was the delivery company's mistake, not MS? Or was it not packaged correctly? In which case it would be Hobao's problem.

It was not packed correct hence the damage but we have a very good second reply from MS, they are back in the good books, they ask me to peel a bit of the film send pics and they will get a replacement shell from Hobao

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

It was not packed correct hence the damage but we have a very good second reply from MS, they are back in the good books, they ask me to peel a bit of the film send pics and they will get a replacement shell from Hobao

Result!

21 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

did you get rtr or roller, looks set up to run 6s in series, or is that 8s lol, what motor in it

Bought it used mate just needed Tx and rx . Came with 6s esc/motor ,different rate shock springs, sway bars and spur gears .Looks near new and was a good price .power leads can run single or twin packs but only upto 6s 
4076 2000kv motor 👍

Trying to solder a cap pack on it but only managing to burn the crap out of my fingers lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

did you get rtr or roller, looks set up to run 6s in series, or is that 8s lol, what motor in it

Its 3s in series to 6s only or hes got a loop, so can run a single 4s battery for example.
What cap pack did you go for?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Redback said:

Its 3s in series to 6s only or hes got a loop, so can run a single 4s battery for example.
What cap pack did you go for?

It’s a 2-8s ripple monster whatever that is, it’s the first time I’ve bothered with so I’m pretty clueless 

11 minutes ago, tomr said:

It’s a 2-8s ripple monster whatever that is, it’s the first time I’ve bothered with so I’m pretty clueless 

Ok nice, just saw your pinion size, i almost doubled the pinion size on my hyper think i was on 14t and moved to 22t, 3s is the new 4s and 4s is like 6s used to be. Can defintly go up some pinion teeth for a decent speed boost on that setup.

Edited by Redback
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Redback said:

Ok nice, just saw your pinion size, i almost doubled the pinion size on my hyper think i was on 14t and moved to 22t, 3s is the new 4s and 4s is like 6s used to be. Can defintly go up some pinion teeth for a decent speed boost on that setup.

Cap pack is in and changed the gearing to 29/40 

im just messing about with setting it up whilst reading GMballistic’s Arrma thread (again 🙂) for tips 

B0FEB6C2-9427-4F5C-BAB2-48E460C46F5E.thumb.jpeg.84562151c4bea52db2dc1ff0e6513e2d.jpeg

8980DE81-B485-42C3-A463-7CFE20AFBE56.thumb.jpeg.34a30240fcf6a53baed19daf41589676.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Derka said:

Was this bought from the UK or one of Phillip Jolley ones from the US of A?

This was from from a UK seller , one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rc-parts-accessories-cap-pack-ripple-pack-esc-brushed-brushless-Ripple/194000467100

I don’t know I thing about these so don’t know if it’s good,rubbish, working or not but it’s in and the esc is working 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Im not rushing to get or fit a cap pack, i will be on slow 4s to start any way, but might need one at later date, seems you can make a cap pack very cheap if you have an idea of what mf caps to get

Yeah I thought about making one  but by the time you buy the bit’s and bobs and mess on with soldering it didn’t seem worth it .

I got for it £20 delivered so not too bad 👍

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

The Hyper GT is looking done, but still got more to do under the shell

green hobao.JPG

H1.JPG

H2.JPG

H3.JPG

H4.JPG

H5.JPG

H7.JPG

Ooooh I like that mate, I like that a lot 🤩