• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

High speed chit chat thread and banter

Lone-wolf

8 hours ago, Redback said:

Good luck to you both! Should be 90 easily from both the strada and the hyper! Cant wait to see them fly!

I will be very surprised if my Hyper gets past 60-70 max but i will be happy with 60 for now

11 hours ago, Redback said:

Ah thanks for asking, I did have one go the other week with the banzai, but went to late and i was unable to clearly see the car, so only managed to get a laughable 45mph on 4s, wasnt even worth going out for.
With ROSSA only being 2 months away and the cars in good working order, I'm mostly just waiting for that event so i can really open up all the taps without trying to dodge traffic or worry about road surfaces and wiping out due to rushing to get a pass in.

I hope you get plenty of footage 👍 I’m looking forward to seeing how you get on .

Good idea to wait for ROSSA I would do the same in your shoes, finding suitable roads is a lot trickier than I imagined although I think I’ve found one but it’s going to require using it either super early or in the dead of night .

Would love to go to ROSSA ....maybe next year 👍

• Like 2

Ha ha  a friend is saying he will gate crash the ROSSA event and launch his Strix Goblin rc plane from a mile away and do a low full throttle pass along the runway, it flies at a top speed of around 260 KPH............i wont be telling him where and when lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been running figures in the online rc speed calculator it does not look good no matter how i play with the figures, looks like 38.3MPH as it stands, if i go up to a 23T pinion and 40T spur with 2650kv motor that only takes it to 75.9 MPH, i think i am best sticking with the rc planes for speed

11 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Been running figures in the online rc speed calculator it does not look good no matter how i play with the figures, looks like 38.3MPH as it stands, if i go up to a 23T pinion and 40T spur with 2650kv motor that only takes it to 75.9 MPH, i think i am best sticking with the rc planes for speed

How are the diffs geared? That'll make a difference to your calculations.

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

Is that the X6G model,  what are the wheels

It says x6f ? What’s the difference? 
Wheels are GRP s4 medium compound.Ive gotta set of S7 as well but they’re hard compound and don’t think they’ll be any good 

6 minutes ago, tomr said:

It says x6f ? What’s the difference? 
Wheels are GRP s4 medium compound.Ive gotta set of S7 as well but they’re hard compound and don’t think they’ll be any good 

The X6G has the gyro on the RX, though i have not used gyro yet dont think the x6f has gyro

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

The X6G has the gyro on the RX, though i have not used gyro yet dont think the x6f has gyro

Cheers mate I didn’t think when I bought it 😬 as long as the range is good I’ll be happy 

3 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

If you find the car wobbles at speed when your start using the gyro, dial back the expo a bit 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, everclear1984 said:

If you find the car wobbles at speed when your start using the gyro, dial back the expo a bit 👍

Yes i know a bit about Gyro`s i use them a lot on my planes, the dumbo gyro is default off when you power up have to press a tiny button 3 times to turn it on so i just leave it of, top right dial turns gryro gain up an down

• Like 1

Just watched a YT video, yep looks like its gonna be about 38mph from theHobao, this is really poor, my 2s jumpshot is way faster, seems like it will take a big pile of cash to get it to a decent speed, got some decisions to make 

Took the dr10 out with a 32t pinion and 78t spur so pretty tall gearing for what AE offer, was expecting 49+
Anyway, stock run on 3s 39mph.
Same stock motor, same battery, taller gearing same runup... 38mph. 😆🤣🤦‍♂️
The esc and motor are the weak point, looking forward to seeing what the other combos can do.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

we think the diffs are 13 pinion 43 spur

Struggled to find info but I think the pinion gear for the diff might be 11T.
Part listed here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HoBao-86002-Hyper-GT-SS-SST-11T-Pinion-Gear-OFNA-27002/202450531648?epid=1900581142&hash=item2f22fdf540:g:-VMAAOSwAvpbrFoa

I'd get it all up and running if I was you, ...set a base line and then go from there. Plenty you can do to get any RC going faster and I'm sure we'll all chip in with ideas.
Good luck. :good: 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GMballistic said:

Struggled to find info but I think the pinion gear for the diff might be 11T.
Part listed here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HoBao-86002-Hyper-GT-SS-SST-11T-Pinion-Gear-OFNA-27002/202450531648?epid=1900581142&hash=item2f22fdf540:g:-VMAAOSwAvpbrFoa

I'd get it all up and running if I was you, ...set a base line and then go from there. Plenty you can do to get any RC going faster and I'm sure we'll all chip in with ideas.
Good luck. :good: 

Yes i will do a GPS run and get the base line, problem is, i have sunk best part of £340 into it to get 40 max, it will take another £120 or so to just get it to 65-70 and not sure i am prepared to do that

5 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Yes i will do a GPS run and get the base line, problem is, i have sunk best part of £340 into it to get 40 max, it will take another £120 or so to just get it to 65-70 and not sure i am prepared to do that

I did kinda warn you, but whats the fun in being told things eh 😉 Unless your running on 2 or 3s you will do more than 40, run it rather than making guesses as whats going to happen 😄

• Like 3