• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

High speed chit chat thread and banter

Lone-wolf

I am hoping for some slow pass`s with the H Hyper GT at weekend, ESC now fitted, gonna put a radio in and calibrate the esc over next few days, but hoping for some testing soon.

Having mucked up an XT90 i have made decision to use EC5 connectors on this car, gonna have to do the bad thing and use an XT90 to EC5 adaptor for now but may swap the lipo`s to EC5 at later date, also regarding the radio, i want to put the dumboRC in but also using it in the Vantage, so i think it will be a cheap core rc in the Hyper as a temporary measure just to get it running 

H esc.JPG

• Like 3

ITS ALIVE            its all sorted but still a few things to put right, like programming the wp-sc8 150, i can get it to 3.0V cut of but would prefer 3.2V and it wont go above 3.0.............also i did not know the tyres need gluing to the rims, i ran it up and 2 of the tyres came of ha ha, now then what glue to use?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

ITS ALIVE            its all sorted but still a few things to put right, like programming the wp-sc8 150, i can get it to 3.0V cut of but would prefer 3.2V and it wont go above 3.0.............also i did not know the tyres need gluing to the rims, i ran it up and 2 of the tyres came of ha ha, now then what glue to use?

Yesss 👍 Roll on the weekend.

Thin super glue works great but can get messy ....if I’m doing it 😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomr said:

Yesss 👍 Roll on the weekend.

Thin super glue works great but can get messy ....if I’m doing it 😁

I have thick CA and UHU POR (plastic and rubber safe) also got a thin CA that uses a kicker so that would be tricky

56 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

What do you mean by the LVC won't go above 3.0?  I assume you have the 8bl150, if so I have the same esc and can set the LVC from 2.6v-3.4v per cell. Are you sure you're adjusting the right setting?

30 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

What do you mean by the LVC won't go above 3.0?  I assume you have the 8bl150, if so I have the same esc and can set the LVC from 2.6v-3.4v per cell. Are you sure you're adjusting the right setting?

I am using the set button on the 8BL150 and it dont seem to want to go above 3.0, same with drag brake dont seem to go over 20%, will have anothe rlook tomorow

• Like 1

Had another "more educated go at setting up the ESC, its all done now so threadlocked the pinion gear and set the mesh, fitted the speed flea gps and put wheels back on..............i would say its ready for the weekend maiden run

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Had another "more educated go at setting up the ESC, its all done now so threadlocked the pinion gear and set the mesh, fitted the speed flea gps and put wheels back on..............i would say its ready for the weekend maiden run

Glad you got it sorted 👍 Looking forward to seeing it in action!

• Thanks 1