• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Jumpshot Speed Machine

tomr

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

good luck with this, i would think 60mph is in there, not sure how much more, long term what do you fancy for a speed runner, say, 100mph plus car

I’d like 70+ 👍 I’ve hit 50 on 2s with mild gearing so I’m thinking 60 should be easy on 3s 😆 famous last words .

Not sure what I fancy mate, I don’t trust my driving for anywhere with curbs so it will have to be something that I can run in the car park I use, I feel something like a Limitless would be a bit of a waste unless I can find a bigger area .
At the min Ive got my eye on a couple of nice used 1/10 race chassis’s and a 1/8 buggy . 

Edited by tomr
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

You are so gonna need and use that wheelie bar ha ha, with that pinion i say 52 on 2s lipo

I reckon you might be right 😁 I might need to mod it to sit lower to the ground .

The 28t pinion did 50mph on 2s, going for 3s this weekend 👍

• Like 2

New body and 130a esc fitted and spur gears are here 👍 

Pretty much ready for a Saturday morning speed run on 3s with 40/81 gearing .

Test  fitted a 41t  pinion with 69t spur which fits great and leaves plenty of room for a bigger pinion (52-53t) if I can find any 

Just a cheapo body but it was painted and uncut so I could leave the wheel arches in .

4A21F9E8-646D-4A5C-9928-B24863E851E6.thumb.jpeg.0e0c65c3dbaea6d53522d1e57015af7d.jpeg

8DB967CA-5578-453E-8E7E-900B57F0398C.thumb.jpeg.7b2dca015bfd5ccf36631f07d617193e.jpeg

1BAE5974-9FA7-48A1-ACCF-1075CA395B79.thumb.jpeg.97d833d1165ec90e0639eab7ac282ac3.jpeg

9EB3DEA5-D74D-485A-A2FE-F5EC3C41D1A0.thumb.jpeg.2af330c82601720087f688ae47e5287f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/03/2021 at 20:11, tomr said:

40t pinion turned up 👍

Managed to get it on with an 81t spur gear .
Still waiting on a couple of smaller spur gears to arrive.

BCA0A932-CC0D-478B-84B3-1AC28239E625.thumb.jpeg.cc2c50488c8279c6da4b8f8b4b3102aa.jpeg

Holy moly thats going to fly, sorry for the question dump.
Where did you get the 40t pinion from, what mesh is it please, is that .32dp?
Whats with the burrs around the holes, did you lighten it or did it come like that?
What body is that? Thank you.
Looking forward to seeing it run!

Edited by Redback
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

That looks like its gonna fly mate :good:

I’m just hoping I can keep it in a straight line 👍

14 minutes ago, Redback said:

Holy moly thats going to fly, sorry for the question dump.
Where did you get the 40t pinion from, what mesh is it please, is that .32dp?
Whats with the burrs around the holes, did you lighten it or did it come like that?
What body is that? Thank you.
Looking forward to seeing it run!

Im hoping for over 60mph 👍

The pinion is a 48dp from eBay ,don’t know what’s going on with those burrs but the teeth look fine . Just found Team Corally do up to a 50t  In 48dp 

The body is an eBay job I can give you a link if you want but  it’s super thin , I’m expecting it to  explode on the first roll over .Definitely needs reinforcing.

• Like 2

Good luck sir!
I hope it all goes well, i find with my 4wd buggies due to the height they like to skate around lots, some extra weight up front and down low might help if you find it uncontrollable, you have the power there.
Also smaller wheels might make it slower but will lower the center of gravity by lots and help it hold the line i feel, as you have a big truck get it as low as possible then stop the front from going above the back, this will help stopping it flipping over from catching the wind.
Hard to say from the camera angle but do you have 3cm or about 1inch ground clearance?
Can you bring it down even lower, can you run 1/10 road tires or scale tires hows it feel / run?

Edited by Redback
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Redback Ive limited the shocks so the ride height Is currently 15mm front and 23mm rear .

From a 2s 50mph run it ran great, super smooth .

I could run 1/10 wheels , I’d never thought of that.It would drop the ride height down lovely.
Thanks for the tips , this is all good advice for me ....keep it coming 🙂

Edited by tomr

9 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

wow that looks great, and with the esc and gearing its gonna rip the track a new one mate, best of luck with it

Thanks mate I’ll see what the gearing tops out at on 3s then I think I’ll go 4s , I have an idea cooking for mounting the batteries 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Reacher said:

Brilliant mate, i think you have the worlds fastest JS flux now, you still on stock motor?

Thank you 👊 Yes stock motor, I think it can handle a lot more yet 

• Like 1