• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Axial RBX10 Ryft Owners Thread!

.AJ.

14 hours ago, .AJ. said:

I’ve ordered this sway bar kit, its going to need a longer torsion bar but I should be able to get it to work, the seller says he’s in uk, but I’m not so sure....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174689894149

I looked at this a few days ago but was unsure of the fitment, I think It could work though and even if it doesn't you probably could adapt it 👍

See, I'm still very much in the learning phase so lack the confidence for most modding at the moment!

Have just bought myself a Kyoto kit which I'm going to have to put together as a learning experience, actually. Also got lots of stuff to do on my Talion (RPM arms etc). Am slowly getting there!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

Sway bar mocked up 

59-A3-D4-C2-F779-4757-AC68-323-E70-C47-F

DDA59-CB2-1-F27-44-E9-83-E8-12-F846-D98-

EBE60441-C1-F5-4-A70-AF92-E42-AE6192453.

I still need to grind the flats on the torsion bar and sort out the lower rod ends on the drop links 👍 

Looking good so far 😉

• Like 1

You’ve shown me your’s, so I’ll show you mine! It does make a big difference.

I’ve got the Axial sway bar on order, though that is still a month or so away.  I already have a replacement fuel cell so that it won’t have a leak, once  my bodged sway bar is removed, haha.

My problem is that  I’m developing an irrational fear of using this, for fear of it breaking! It’s just been run up and down the street during lockdown and now I can take it for a bash about, I’m afraid to!

I think that I’ve  been reading and watching too many threads about breakages.

Looking forward to hear how you get on this weekend.

Cheers

Steve

3487AFCA-4084-448C-B273-DB321E0A17A0.jpeg

• Like 2

I have had the ryft for less than a week and given it a few solid test runs. I'm now getting a weird grinding type noise from the front diff and the front tires don't spin anymore.  Pretty new to the rc world so don't really have any idea what could be the problem 

5 hours ago, Ramrod420 said:

I have had the ryft for less than a week and given it a few solid test runs. I'm now getting a weird grinding type noise from the front diff and the front tires don't spin anymore.  Pretty new to the rc world so don't really have any idea what could be the problem 

Probably the diff gear in the front axle, the only thing to do is study the pics in the manual and workout how to get it stripped done 👍 

7 hours ago, Ramrod420 said:

Make sure the set screw for the center driveshaft is thight also, before striping down

Been out testing again, and I sort of like it. But, I can't see what it is good at out of the box:P As a basher it kind of sucks, and with the amount of power this thing comes with it seems like they want it to be a basher? As a rock climber or rock racer it just doesn't work with the diff setup and cogging. Will for sure go the crawler/rock racer route with mine, and lock the diffs etc..

• Like 2