• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Axial RBX10 Ryft Owners Thread!

.AJ.

3 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Did it fold in half or rip a ball out? 

Ripped the ball out!

It wasn't even going fast, such a small thing that I didn't expect it to break that easy 😡 My Tamiya Lunchbox takes more abuse than that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

That’s a shame, I bought mine knowing it will need upgrading to make reliable, all fast Axials have been the same 😕

I'm not saying i will get rid, I am sure it will have many upgrades just not sure I would buy another if they are that easy to break.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, immortaljellyfish said:

I just saw KT's video about this and the truck looks like a riot. Sounds like it's in need of some top-ups that aren't yet available, though?

It is a riot when it works, I wish they would hurry with the sway bar coz its a nightmare at full throttle 😒

• Like 1

As the sway bar isn't due out until May, what shocks could be used for a second set on the rear in the interim as per RCSparks' video? (sorry, bit of a noob and I still have trouble figuring part compatibility out...)

I have a spare axle, so might give this a try? Did you use aluminium or steel tubing? Have you used glue to hold the inserts in?

Just filled the diff’s. The centre and rear were about 1/4 full, but the front had just enough to act as lubricant! Much better now.

Cheers

1 minute ago, .AJ. said:

As some may have noticed I’m selling off the stock electrics... Selling it all off will pay for about half of the new electrics 👍 

41631660-A342-4-FD3-BF58-05-BA6-D78-C156

B144-D49-E-4220-4-E03-82-F5-B543-A816487

My lap top decided to die, so I’ve ordered a B-Link from Amain so I can program it all properly, but even on the stock settings it’s a huge improvement and the cogging is gone 

What is this combo?, are you still going to run it 4s or are you going 6s?

On 23/03/2021 at 16:18, .AJ. said:

Mamba X and a 1415 (3670) 2400kv motor, I’ll be sticking to 3s for now, but the motor is rated for 4s 👍 

Let us know how it goes?

Definitely  less cogging by the looks of it in your vid, funny I was thinking down the same route of changing the motor and esc but instead I opted for a new Power pack and motor combo for the TT-02 Rally set up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Welcome to the forum! 3s is definitely enough for these 😂

Thanks!

How is the CC Mamba X from standstill with some resistance in the drivetrain? Still no cogging? And is there plenty of wheel speed to tackle som loose surface? Did you change the pinion?

Many questions, sorry:P

I’ve not set the esc up properly yet, to get it as smooth as possible on start up under load you need to have the start power on Max, John Holmes did a excellent guide on how to set up the Mamba X, obviously he sets it up for a crawler, but if set you rock racer mode on the aux wire you can switch between normal fwd/brk/rev to crawler mode with a flick of a switch 👍 

Ive now changed the pinion to 13t, it will be little slower than stock but I  reckon I will still have plenty enough wheel speed 

• Like 3