• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Axial RBX10 Ryft Owners Thread!

.AJ.

Manual says that the diff’s have 1000000 fluid, must be like glue! I need to order some.

Would that be in all 3 diff’s? The axles don’t feel like they have thick fluid in there?

Time for a strip down, of the car, to give it a check over.

It’s hail stoning here anyway, so what else would I be doing!

• Like 1

Seen a few guys on FB make beef tubes for their axles and one them posted up the dimensions 

7-C3-D5729-D27-C-4-ECB-AEC6-857-FBABC3-D

I haven’t got access to mill, so I’m going to order .375 / 3/8 tube and drill out the casing slightly with a 3/8 bit, the reliefs for the axles screws can be done with a dremel and a 1/4 sanding drum, then bond the tubes in with adhesive 👍 

Found some aluminium tubing with 1.6mm wall so that should be strong enough for this 👍 

• Like 1

Rebuilt the rear shocks, added 10mm limiters under the pistons and gone up to 50wt from the stock 20wt, both these should help until the Axial sway bar kit is available 👍 

04-AE066-D-2-C0-B-4-EEF-B596-F862-A50-A5

The fronts will have the same limiters, but I will probably go for 25wt oil 👍 

Exocaged on youtube put 1m wt in his centre diff along with a silicon ear plug, but I think he's going to turn his into a crawler!

20 hours ago, .AJ. said:

There’s so little oil in them that they feel light, filled properly with 500k they are a lot stiffer, I used the 500k because it’s what I hanging about 👍 

• Like 1

On 14/03/2021 at 10:43, Jimboi said:

Exocaged on youtube put 1m wt in his centre diff along with a silicon ear plug, but I think he's going to turn his into a crawler!

I find that there is a point at which the middle diff becomes redundant, this is awful close to that! I guess he's hoping that in an extreme bind it may give a bit and thus not break something in the driveline....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stimpy said:

I find that there is a point at which the middle diff becomes redundant, this is awful close to that! I guess he's hoping that in an extreme bind it may give a bit and thus not break something in the driveline....

Yeah, I guess so.  I think he's tuning it to be more crawler focussed, hence the delete of it.  He's also fashioned some sway bars using some piano wire and bomber sway bars - the torque twist looks much improved now.  

It certainly looks like a fun car, and is starting to tempt me into getting something with a bit more speed than my Sandero!  

I still have a vanquish ARB set I purchased for the Yeti but never fitted.... Once I'd tuned that up the traction roll on high grip surfaces was insane!... Should get that on the classifieds I guess now that you folks are rolling around with your RBX10s!!

Fitted new servo saver today and what a missive difference 😁

Much more precise and a better response to the steering I will have to be a lot steadier on the controls or its up on two wheels or over on its back 🙄

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Brian-2.0 said:

Fitted new servo saver today and what a missive difference 😁

Much more precise and a better response to the steering I will have to be a lot steadier on the controls or its up on two wheels or over on its back 🙄

Which servo saver did you go for???