• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Axial RBX10 Ryft Owners Thread!

.AJ.

4 minutes ago, Brian-2.0 said:

Yes like the nets 👍

I have ordered new gear housing, shims and some 1 mill gear oil for mine so will re'build the axles proper unlike from the factory then hopefully they wont slip and grind like they do now 😒

Thanks Bri 👍

Good to hear  your Ryft is making a comeback...cue Rocky music 💪

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, .AJ. said:

I’m back again, I picked up a bargain shop return orange rtr, I’ve sold all the electrics out of it already 😂

A2608164-BFCA-4-F7-A-B7-BE-4-F112-DB3-BD

Beast mode servo, I will add a decent servo saver before I run it…

D045-A89-C-06-A0-4510-98-A4-C483-B6-B764

I’ve managed to fit the big Puller Pro

CEB90-BEB-097-C-4-BB6-903-E-E6-D360-D8-A

41-BC149-F-20-E6-47-E9-8332-DF655-E6-CDE

I raised the centre transmission on some alloy spacers to give it room, but I’m now limited to 18t+ pinion, this isn’t really an issue because of you lower Kv of the Puller Pro (1900kv) and I want to run the 2 speed, the transmission still needs to be raised a few more mm to give me clearance on one of the front link mounts, I’ve ordered some suitable one, I’ll take some pics and explain better when they arrive 

The MMX fits well, I’ll have to solder the motor wires at 90 degrees though 

25-D459-A0-9664-49-F3-AD18-2-F233-E7879-

The short term plans are to get a nice set of bead locks, beef tube the axles, lock the centre and rear diff and fit alloy trailing arms…. 

Ive got a few bits arriving from RCBITZ tomorrow 👌🏼 

I thought I was pushing it fitting a 3668 😂 don’t know how you’ve squeezed that beast in .

• Haha 1

Here’s how I raised the transmission 

8mm spacers between the skid and transmission, I’ve glued these in place to make working on the truck easier on the future 

2-EADF40-D-208-B-480-D-9-F6-D-9397887353

Removed a small amount from the rear of the link mount on the skid

CEFCD934-E75-E-4711-88-D2-6-D4-FA046738-

I was recommended 4-5mm spacers, but even with a 6mm the motor sat on top of the outer link mount on the skid, causing the rod end to rub and bind on the underside of the motor, using 8mm spacers it now has the perfect amount of clearance 

13051-A80-B83-F-43-C8-8-F77-81-C28241-F8

Yeah this has raised the COG a little, but by the time I’ve added beadlocks and axle tubes I’m pretty sure it will make zero difference 

Also with a bit of messing about I’ve got the stock 17t pinion to fit 👍 

• Like 3

Good to have you back in the Ryft section again AJ 👍

Mine does not get used as much as i would like but its now pretty much as I want it, they are still to blooming fragile and I keep breaking parts but each time i do it gets an upgrade 😆

• Like 1

I picked up a ryft from appliance electronics.  Had been returned unused so got it cheap. So had to snap it up.  Got it to take it to the SST event at the weekend.  Brilliant fun added a locked rear diff and sway bar. Wrapped the crappy looking panels.  Few more mods to do still.  But happy with the build so far.  Brilliant fun car.  Next step is some 3mill diff oil for front and center. And a few little bits. And then go bash it's head in up the hill by me 

PXL_20220914_204006956.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

I picked up a ryft from appliance electronics.  Had been returned unused so got it cheap. So had to snap it up.  Got it to take it to the SST event at the weekend.  Brilliant fun added a locked rear diff and sway bar. Wrapped the crappy looking panels.  Few more mods to do still.  But happy with the build so far.  Brilliant fun car.  Next step is some 3mill diff oil for front and center. And a few little bits. And then go bash it's head in up the hill by me 

PXL_20220914_204006956.jpg

Nice one, mine was also a Appliance Electronics return, Ive sold the stock electrics and wheels as well tho, I didnt fancy the Grey kit 😂 

2speed and servo saver kit arrived 

A71029-A2-B815-4-B6-C-9002-76508-C2673-E

Im going witn a Power HD TR4 servo for the shifter, hopefully  that should be here today and looking at the tracking the trailing arms they should also be here soon, so I’ve now got together all the parts to get all built up at the weekend 👍 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Nice one, mine was also a Appliance Electronics return, Ive sold the stock electrics and wheels as well tho, I didnt fancy the Grey kit 😂 

I will be upgrading it over the winter.   I really wanted a cage I could have dyed. But this will do. 

Right then guys.  I have locked the rear diff. And out a sway bar on.    Do I lock all diff.  Or put some say 2 million center and front. Don't want a crawler. Got plenty already.  It's studying as a basher. Cheers guys