• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Jumpshot ST Flux Owners

tomr

Guys where can I get a spur gear for jumpshot sc flux? 

Everywhere is out of stock and I don't want to drill another one. 

Car is useless without one and they're out of stock forever everywhere I check. The dates just keep moving. 

21 minutes ago, d.lgwth said:

Guys where can I get a spur gear for jumpshot sc flux? 

Everywhere is out of stock and I don't want to drill another one. 

Car is useless without one and they're out of stock forever everywhere I check. The dates just keep moving. 

Modelsport UK have them in stock https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hpi-jumpshot-90t-spur-gear-48p--394135

On 04/03/2022 at 17:23, tomr said:

Thanks mate I ordered two just in case. 

Fitted it and it seems to be running fine. 

Turns out the cause of the issue (I think) was the small grub screw that holds the pinion gear in place was loose from the factory, so it was allowing the pinion gear to move in/out and obviously become offset against the spur. 

Had a good run on a full battery and the grub screw has come loose again and it had just started to shave a tiny amount off the spur again. Need to get some threadlock I think. 

Haha this thing is good fun. Finally getting to have a mess around with it now the spur is sorted. 

I noticed the shocks are threaded so you can adjust the preload/ride height. The truck looks awesome with them set to the highest and the front seems a lot more rigid/less squishy. 

Haven't tried driving it yet with the shocks in this setup but it looks so good 😂. The manual has the recommendation of 3mm for the front and 16mm for the rear... 

Any down-sides to me ignoring the manual and making the shocks as high as possible? I imagine it'll roll a bit more around corners. 

Love it. Definitely found a new hobby here. 

• 5 months later...

Just got one and did a few laps around the street and off to the park. It was really impressive and much better than my previous nitrotek buggy.

Only issue is that the gearbox is clicking and takes a lot for it to set off. Checked the spur and it's perfect is it must be the diff or idler gears, but I thought these were all metal

Any ideas? Don't really want to start stripping the gearbox after 10 mins so will see what Modelsport say.

Hope can get it sorted!

17 minutes ago, cravensmythe said:

Just got one and did a few laps around the street and off to the park. It was really impressive and much better than my previous nitrotek buggy.

Only issue is that the gearbox is clicking and takes a lot for it to set off. Checked the spur and it's perfect is it must be the diff or idler gears, but I thought these were all metal

Any ideas? Don't really want to start stripping the gearbox after 10 mins so will see what Modelsport say.

Hope can get it sorted!

Maybe the slipper clutch nut is loose and allowing the spur gear to slip?

2 hours ago, MrCake said:

If we are talking brand new then there is a good chance the pinion grub is loose and/or the motor screws are also loose!  At least that was the case with mine!

Yeh, its brand new. First trip out!

Pinion and spur are perfect no damage and meshed. All the mount screws and pinion are tight.

I thought about the slipper but don't think it would click.

I am thinking it is the diff that is broken. Unless the brushless motor could faulty.

20220813_163647.jpg

1 hour ago, cravensmythe said:

Just an update. Model Sport collected the car and found the issue with the diff. It's all fixed now and on its way back. All in a couple of days. Looking forward to it's return

Nice one mate 👍🏻 Modelsports service is top notch 

• 8 months later...