• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

vintage Kyosho pinion pitch?

Crazy L

Exactly as the title says.  Can anybody tell me what the pinion pitch is on a vintage kyosho Big brute/big boss/hi ride corvette is please?  

I think it is 0.6, seeing as it's Japanese, but I'm not 100% sure.

Ta muchly

Have you got an original pinion or spur?  If so, just measure the diameter of said gear and divide by the number of teeth, that will give you the metric pitch/mod (or approx equivalent if a non-metric dp gear).  I'm not familiar with the Big Brute etc, what era are they?  Generally most, maybe all Kyosho 1/10 up to and including Optima Mid were 0.6M pinny/spur, after this with cars like the Lazer ZXR, they moved to 48dp.  Internal gears are different again, 0.8M on Optima Mid.  Many racers back in the day converted their Mids to 48dp to give them a wider choice of pinions.  Remember, unlike 0.8M/32dp, 0.6M is not compatible with 48dp, 0.6M is more like '42dp'.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ya, thanks for the clarification.  The Big Brute is from the late 80s, and was part of their car crusher line up, the most popular being the Double Dare and the Hi Rider Corvette.

I thought being Japanese it would be a metric pitch but wasn't sure which as I knew it was neither 0.6 or 1.