• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Tracer / HBX 16890?

bertberr

A general rule of thumb when charging lipo batteries is to put them on at 1C. So this means that you set the charge current to be equal to their capacity; for a 1500 mAh battery that would mean a charge current of 1.5 A (or 1500 mA). 

50 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

A general rule of thumb when charging lipo batteries is to put them on at 1C. So this means that you set the charge current to be equal to their capacity; for a 1500 mAh battery that would mean a charge current of 1.5 A (or 1500 mA). 

thanks, I've now set it to 1.0a

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've added dry wall tape to the inside of mine to make it a bit tougher. These bodies fit quite easily if you want a change to something different, also made of proper polycarbonate so much more durable.

https://www.phatbodies.co.uk/product/losi-mini-8ight-carisma-gt14b-kaboom-truggy

• 4 weeks later...

Had ordered up some "cheap" oil filled shocks for one of my boys Tracers to try out (as we all know they are hideously bouncy on the stock friction shocks) but 3 out of 4 of them arrived devoid of oil (shocker, pun intended!) 🙈

A40C690A-EC2C-4040-81A6-3799069E680C.thumb.jpeg.46c314f77fd3aac51cf862982a09b822.jpeg

So looking to get some shock oil, what's recommended weight wise?

They are also a bit long… what are others using? (links would be great!)

A0199B1D-DB97-4A10-8C6C-B3B5EA7DAF1D.thumb.jpeg.c63fe8cf97d7e00294709f25661f4c36.jpeg

3 hours ago, lorrylemming said:

Yep, trying to save a few ££ with eBay and now no oil means I should have just stumped up the £20 to get the proper upgrades... lesson learned

23 hours ago, Jonmurgie said:

From eBay but as I say they are empty apart from 1 so you’ll likely need to buy some oil too!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234068297743

44AB1C79-B8CB-49C2-8FFA-CC68B1A49E92.thumb.jpeg.ffef3f84c6ef162bc4fef9b5c416af7f.jpeg

Piston pushed up, dry as a bone in there…

I bought some and they were the same.
Worst thing was that when I put some oil in two of them leaked it out.

Waste of cash for me, hopefully you'll get lucky.

32 minutes ago, lennylogknob said:

...in fact I bought the same ones from the same seller. That's my 1 star review on the Ebay ad!

I should have trusted your review 🤣 I have opened a case with them so see what they do, has useless replies from them so far, no surprise 

• 1 month later...

Bought the truggy & monster truck for me and the boy, also a couple of extra 1500mah batteries. It appears when the batteries are low the cars go a bit erratic,  overriding the controller speed setting and shooting off at "full speed" lights flashing on the cars, I'm new to RC, is this normal?

11 hours ago, Barney.exe said:

Bought the truggy & monster truck for me and the boy, also a couple of extra 1500mah batteries. It appears when the batteries are low the cars go a bit erratic,  overriding the controller speed setting and shooting off at "full speed" lights flashing on the cars, I'm new to RC, is this normal?

That does not sound normal. Generally the lights start flashing when the battery is low and mines starts to cut off when the battery is low

On 26/09/2022 at 20:52, Eastpak1984 said:

Nice design, can I find it somewhere for download? 

I have it for sale on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225015895899?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=cZN4GHQ2QP6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=cZN4GHQ2QP6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just picked up one of these dor my son. Really pleased with it as a good starter car for him.

Curious if any one uses a different charger. The charge time in the stock usb charger seems long. I'm sure my much bigger lipo charger faster off my lipo charger.

Is it possible to use a lipo charger on there li ion batteries.

Also the charging lights he manual says it will flash then go solid mine just seems to go solid red from the start and then off when it's done is that right.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Simon Hester said:

Is it possible to use a lipo charger on there li ion batteries.

I’m not sure I’d try and charge them on a standard lipo cycle (just in case) but if your charger has a suitable li-ion setting (my isdt T6 has a dedicated Li-ion mode) than that should be fine. 

@Lone-wolf may be able to give a bit more practical advice as I think he has been building some Li-ion packs up for use on some of his crawlers recently. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

I’m not sure I’d try and charge them on a standard lipo cycle (just in case) but if your charger has a suitable li-ion setting (my isdt T6 has a dedicated Li-ion mode) than that should be fine. 

@Lone-wolf may be able to give a bit more practical advice as I think he has been building some Li-ion packs up for use on some of his crawlers recently. 

I charge my li-ion packs with a toolkit charger as it has proper Li-ion setting

• Like 2

• 1 month later...