• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fastest Banzai

Redback

1 hour ago, RC-Complex said:

Hi

My banzai has been under extensive work, been trying to perfect her as an all rounder.

Finally got her going for speed runs and got 71mph at half throttle!!

Running a max 6 esc and 3674 2200kv surpass motor.

20210402_215928.jpg

20210402_153212.jpg

20210401_220553.jpg

This is awesome. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stripping the car back to fit the new driveshaft, good time to service and evaluate what high speed and power does to a car not designed for it.
Plenty of chipped teeth doesnt affect the gear meshing, good for some more runs.

IMG_20210627_191051.thumb.jpg.7a383351ea985231b724804f05ab1681.jpg

Plastic spur looks good for more runs, as does the diff pinion.

IMG_20210627_190840.thumb.jpg.8105d84fe6e4fc32f1d49c5e6ce6e6ae.jpg

Had to move and redesign the driveshaft support.

IMG_20180221_224152.thumb.jpg.b2e2e2c69181a75cc41437264de9c4a3.jpg

Lots of other changes, just gotta wrap up bench testing, before taking it out for a real test, space is getting pretty tight.

IMG_20180222_003330.thumb.jpg.352362846a01aa00e33b94712448d49f.jpg

Thanks for readin.

• Like 2

Great stuff @Redback . 
Progressing nicely and hopefully the extended range as well as the other mods will see you get to the next cap. 😏 

The tyres as someone else from ROSSA already told you will do much better when on the ground. If I revved my Typhon up to full rpm off the floor I'd blow my GRP's off the rims for sure, ...different when they're under load on the ground. Look forward to catching up in August and hopefully seeing some new PB's for everyone. :good:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Shes back!
unknown.png

First run of the year with the new gearing, motor, esc and 3d printed parts. A easy going shake down on 3s, did max it felt a bit weak on the power side, more road / time needed.
Main test was the gearing and it didnt explode so thats a good start.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Hope to make it to ROSSA this year, heres last years results for the August event 2021.
unknown.png

If the gps is right thats a new pb today 🙂

Edited by Redback
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

ROSSA attempt 3 for the Banzai!

Was hoping for 125mp and got 0mph as it drove off by itself as i set the failsafe to 50% breaking.... but on the banzai its reverse rotation on the motor for some reason, thus 50% throttle right into the grass bank. RIP
Bent drive shaft, smashed shock tower, 3d printed parts vaporized, smoke poring out of something, new tires shot to bits.
Really gutted it didnt get to run, with so much effort put into prep, but thats how it works live and learn. Use the memory function in the remote to ensure your failsafe is failsafe for the car your running and not a safe FAIL....
Decided i wont run it again... i'll put the 108mph gearing back in  and its now handed down to little redback to send it and get his first hat as he did outstanding at the event.

Edited by Redback
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

I "liked" your post @Redback because although it didn't go well for you with the Banzai it'll be great seeing the little man having fun with it & hopefully getting his own cap. 
Best of luck to him. 

• Like 1

Cheers chaps, it had a good run and its in safe hands, had a mess about with it before the crash and it wasn't working 100% over geared but still did some 60mph passes on 3s, awaiting the results.
Going to fix the issues, maybe pick up some carbon-fiber sheet to replace the 3d printed parts. Also no footage from the event as my phone has died...
There has to be some changes kept as the sensored system that was used prior, is going in the savage xs if i can find the right gearing for it.

She will run again perhaps in aug...

Edited by Redback
  • Like 1

ROSSA attempt 3 results. Couple of test passes got about 60mph on 3s. Didnt manage to test 6s or 4s as crashed it on the waiting line lol.
IMAG1950.jpg

Not sure how the shock tower got taken out, Shock bent the front driveshaft too. Going to upgrade the tower to carbon fiber.
IMAG1952.jpg
Side skirts shattered, proto types none the less, thinking carbon fiber next time do it properly.
IMAG1951.jpg

Front splitter vaporised, needs carbon fiber i think next time.
Overall very light damage and cheap to repair got off lucky really.

IMAG1954.jpg

First ever trophy...thanks little car well done!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Getting Rossa ready. The old "typhoon" will be sent again after considering passing it on, we got a new friend, "hurricane" another banzai.
Reused the body from the hyper10 that wont be sent, retrofitted and chopped back.

20230605_043855.jpg

Typhoon is also ready to rock, back to the old gearing 4s setup, no 3d printed parts, just need to fabricate a front splitter with some chopping board.

image.png

• Like 2