• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rhodey's Sakura D5 build

WreckitRhodey

So after seeing a nearly brand new D5 chassis for sale at the right money I decided to bite the bullet and buy it.

I've got an old (never used) 8.5T 4000kV motor, I bought a ezrun max 10 esc with the program card, so all I need now is a servo, a bodyshell and a gyro as I've got a spare Rx for my RC6GS.

So noobie drifter questions would be what do you guys recommend servo and gyro wise?

The rx for the radiolink has a built in gyro but I'm not sure how good it would be for drifting.. Has anyone tried it? 

Also does anyone know the size of the push connectors are that fit straight in the ezrun10? As I have the ones for the motor but would like to make them all removable from both sides (motor and esc)

As always any help is appreciated but I am trying to make this on a budget so best price for usability is what I'm looking for atm not best out there if that makes sense? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I have a couple of D4s, rear and mid motor, and a front motor MST FXX. All use either D-Like or Onisiki gyros. The Onisiki is probably best value at around £30 and looks good too. Servo wise I have one running OMG, and two use Kingmax. I much prefer the Kingmax, they are £50 from my club which seems a lot but it's probably the most important part of the build so worth it really. Slide Dynamics RC is open for online ordering and worth a look. 

8.5T motor is quite fast, we run 10.5 only, but you can always adjust your gearing to suit. Have fun with it, I have heard good things about the D5 so far 👍

Slide Dynamics RC have a lot of good bodies too so have a little browse 🙂 

@AndyMB

Top man appreciate the reply buddy. I heard that pairing the servo and gyro can be as the onisiki pair would work really well together, but as I understand it speed is the key with servos.

Think I might try the onisiki pair up at first, as it seems good value for money, like you say. I've also read really good things about the omg servos being programmable, even though the setup/tuning would probably go straight over my head! 

Also I'll be sure to check out Slide Dynamics RC thanks for the tip! 👍🏼