• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi LMT Owners Thread

Jumper

Any ideas what your gonna do to solve the axles breaking  fella ? 

I really like these but those axles breaking has put me right off if I’m honest, looking forward to see you ripping this up other than the axle issue they look amazingly good 👍 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

I really like these but those axles breaking has put me right off if I’m honest, looking forward to see you ripping this up other than the axle issue they look amazingly good 👍 

I'm not sure its as big of a problem as some people are making out. They seem to be able to take a massive amount of abuse before breaking. I think the cold weather in most cases is making the plastic brittle. My amazing solution is not to send it when its freezing cold :P 

I do manage to break everything though, so i'll see how long they last as standard.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Got the Grave Digger version today :D 

IMG_20210122_165241.jpg

Here is a comparison of the sticker one the side. The stickers on the Grave Digger seem more black and less brown than the Son Ova Digger 

IMG_20210122_164539.jpg

IMG_20210122_164557.jpg

IMG_20210122_164737.jpg

You can also see the flames on the roof and bonnet of the Grave Digger are painted, whereas the Son Ova Digger bonnet is painted, but the roof is a stock, which doesn't really match the colour at the front. The Grave Diggers bonnet stripe isnt in the middle which is annoying as well. The Grave Digger body is wider at the front and so I think the front tyres are more likely to rub on the body. I guess they both have good and bad points.

IMG_20210122_164815.jpg

The colour of the wheels/plastic cage and flames all seem to match better on the Son Ova Digger, the Grave Digger is clearly 3 different shades of green

IMG_20210122_172303.jpg

I have also just tried the SMT10 Max D body on the LMT chassis. If anyone gets a roller this body will look amazing on it.  It looked a little over sized on the SMT10

IMG_20210122_172329.jpg

Underneath they are both same, so there isn't really any point in going over the Grave Digger features and chassis. I am going to do a tear down and overcheck of both and report back on any lose screws or lack of thread lock. On further inspection last night i found the lower front right link mount was lose on the Son Ova Digger. I'm also going to test both motors on my KV tester to see how consistent the motors are as i've never had 2 of the same motor in the same condition before.

I am only planning on keeping one. I got both because I couldn't decide which to get and needed to see them in person and you can go and see them in the shop unfortunately.   

Be warned if you take  it apart you may find they won’t except it as a return . 

10 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

someone has released a carbon part  for the axles

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Be warned if you take  it apart you may find they won’t except it as a return . 

i'm not going to return it that would suck for the shop. I'm going to just sell it myself. 

5 minutes ago, turok007 said:

The real grave digger uses different greens  so i would say the lmt looks good.

lol so maybe they did it on purpose :) 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Twotone said:

Can I join 😁

Yes! You've got further than me. I haven't even powered mine on yet :P Just doing the pre flight checks now. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bluebeetle said:

Got mine on tuesday, Grave Digger coloured.  Couldn't find the time to run it until now, on 3S and snow.  Must wait for the snow to disappear :)

i bet its even colder in Finland as well! 

8 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Haha, the temps and driving into the side of a ramp doesn’t help 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Agreed but he isn’t alone in breaking them in that very same place. Expensive fix though even if you can get them over here 

• .AJ. pinned this topic