• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi LMT Owners Thread

Jumper

Just think if the did a TLR kit version in a year or so, with carbon TVP's and 7075 link mounts and steering etc. I bet people would really complain about the price then :P 

3 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Should have gone to specsavers, it’s pretty spot on tbh 😂

026-AD3-D0-34-E3-4-BAB-8389-35-BB10-ED64

looks great. Not sure i would have cut that much out the rear of the shell! hopefully the wheelie bar saves it. 

39 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Just think if the did a TLR kit version in a year or so, with carbon TVP's and 7075 link mounts and steering etc. I bet people would really complain about the price then 😛

looks great. Not sure i would have cut that much out the rear of the shell! hopefully the wheelie bar saves it. 

Will never happen from what’s been mentioned on the web these are only going to be a short run. Something to do with the licensing  🤷🏻‍♂️    

Now I just can't understand that.  Why the hell not? Are we not deemed capable enough in the UK to install our own motor, esc etc?  Would there really be that little demand for it (assuming priced sensibly) vs the RTR?  Just makes me think that Losi/Horizon really don't take our market very seriously at all.  Do they think this will detract from SMT10 kit sales?  Possibly I suppose, but to me they are quite different in terms of what any perspective buyer is likely to do with them, read much more hard core bashing use for the LMT.  Anyway, there we are.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Where did you see that? I can understand the bodies only be around for while, but they can just stick a different body on them and carry on 👍 

Was on a Facebook group not sure if it was just the bodies or the whole truck 🤷🏻‍♂️ That said you know what FB is like 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, bertberr said:

Now I just can't understand that.  Why the hell not? Are we not deemed capable enough in the UK to install our own motor, esc etc?  Would there really be that little demand for it (assuming priced sensibly) vs the RTR?  Just makes me think that Losi/Horizon really don't take our market very seriously at all.  Do they think this will detract from SMT10 kit sales?  Possibly I suppose, but to me they are quite different in terms of what any perspective buyer is likely to do with them, read much more hard core bashing use for the LMT.  Anyway, there we are.

It’s more a case of pricing by all accounts I asked Modelsport and they stated the difference in price between the 2 here just did not justify it. 

It was a similar case with the Hobao roller they did the old smaller one but the new larger version the MT plus 2 never got a look in 😕

• Like 3

Not surprising, i bet they get the electronics for peanuts.  £20 motor £50 esc, £15 radio. I suspect the short run will be for the bodies and not the whole truck. They might update it like arrma do with a few fixes when a new body comes out, but i think it will be mostly the same. 

Seriously looking at one of these now, really like the fact that its just so different to anything I have right now.  Few questions to those of you in the know.  Does it really need that freestyle servo saver?  And would a 120a ESC be OK, running circa 2600kv on 3S?  I don't know how heavy these things are all up?  I believe std pinny is 14T, can you go smaller if required?  I'm thinking about using either a 3665 SL 2600kv or a castle knock off 1512 (2650kv),on 3S,  both of which I have on the shelf, just trying to work out if I need another esc, have SC8, quicrun 120 and MMP doing nowt right now, would be good to be able to use one of these if poss.  And is a 25kg crawler servo ok, or do you need something faster (have a fast 20kg xpert spare as well)? Thanks 👍

21 minutes ago, bertberr said:

Seriously looking at one of these now, really like the fact that its just so different to anything I have right now.  Few questions to those of you in the know.  Does it really need that freestyle servo saver?  And would a 120a ESC be OK, running circa 2600kv on 3S?  I don't know how heavy these things are all up?  I believe std pinny is 14T, can you go smaller if required?  I'm thinking about using either a 3665 SL 2600kv or a castle knock off 1512 (2650kv),on 3S,  both of which I have on the shelf, just trying to work out if I need another esc, have SC8, quicrun 120 and MMP doing nowt right now, would be good to be able to use one of these if poss.  And is a 25kg crawler servo ok, or do you need something faster (have a fast 20kg xpert spare as well)? Thanks 👍

You will need some kind of servo saver unless you running a very high end servo, I don’t think the freestyle is one you need to have tho, I’m going to get a stock style one in 25t when I can source one and I’ve also seen plenty of people with cheaper Kimbrough ones 👍 

You can run pinions 12-16t, either motors on 3s with the SC8 would work great IMO 👍 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Guns said:

Forgive my ignorance. What exactly does 'Solid Axle' mean? Guessing thats what makes it wildly different to everything else? Didnt the UDR have Solid Axle, and everyone hated them?

Solid axle is what’s under a Land Rover etc. not independent suspension like that’s on a modern 1/1 saloon car

11 minutes ago, Guns said:

Didnt mean it like that was just curious as to why thats a selling point/postive? More scale? More like the 1:1 counterpart?

just more fun to drive sometimes. They dont even drive in a straight line when you're going straight.  An independent truck its just easier, more consistent, turns the same amount on way as the other.  Solid axle trucks tend to pull to one side trying to get up on 3 wheels.  

• Like 1

I’ve also ordered a set of limiting straps, ive seen a few guys blow out their lower shock caps or shock pistons, well I’ve backordered them, I had set a alert for when they came into stock, but I received the email at 2am and by the time I saw it they had sold out again 🤣🤣🤣

These are meant to be the perfect length when mounted to the inboard shock positions 👍 

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-racing-105mm-suspension-travel-limit-straps-2-orange-silver-hrasls105t1803/p740573