• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

maverick Strada`s budget speed runs for all

Lone-wolf

20 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

So, definitely room for improvement seems i got just under 22kph on stock motor and gearing with 2s lipo, this is on a bumpy road trying to avoid ice patches and short runs so any brushless set up will transform this out of the box slug

If you have some wire or a paper clip on the back there are two pins to short to change the speed unit. KPH, KTS and MPH are the options if you wanted to change it. There should be a white sticker on the back showing you where to short out if you wanted to change them. 

22mph is respectable with a simple brushed setup. I'm not sure if I'll get out with mine today to try to beat 39mph. 

Maybe I should start my own thread for mine 🤷

Edited by Derka
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Derka said:

If you have some wire or a paper clip on the back there are two pins to short to change the speed unit. KPH, KTS and MPH are the options if you wanted to change it. There should be a white sticker on the back showing you where to short out if you wanted to change them. 

22mph is respectable with a simple brushed setup. I'm not sure if I'll get out with mine today to try to beat 39mph. 

Maybe I should start my own thread for mine 🤷

i will set it to MPH next time out, i do think 22KPH is pretty lame for this out of the box, that would be about 20kph on supplied NI-MH , yes please start a thread on yours

56 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

So, definitely room for improvement seems i got just under 22kph on stock motor and gearing with 2s lipo, this is on a bumpy road trying to avoid ice patches and short runs so any brushless set up will transform this out of the box slug

That's slower than I would have guessed ~ I got 26mph from my Tamiya Hornet using an Ni-MH battery with a 15T motor ~ kind of thought yours on a 2S Lipo would be at least that.

Still great to have a starting point to build from, ...beating your own PB's is what it's all about for me. I never worry about how fast others are just myself.  :good:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GMballistic said:

That's slower than I would have guessed ~ I got 26mph from my Tamiya Hornet using an Ni-MH battery with a 15T motor ~ kind of thought yours on a 2S Lipo would be at least that.

Still great to have a starting point to build from, ...beating your own PB's is what it's all about for me. I never worry about how fast others are just myself.  :good:

stock motor is a 22T 550 brushed, that will be coming out and 540 surpass 3300kv going in, using this as there is a chance i will get the 120amp esc in as well, then i should be able to run short bursts on 4s lipo, 

• Like 1

Guys, for the time being i think this is the only thread on the forum i will be involved in, i am keeping my posting to a bare minimum to avoid getting into any further troubles and no, not going into any details, im sure most of you are aware, and seeing as i am waiting on slow boat from China for parts, no further updates until parts have arrived 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Ha ha i just found the TX for the Strada has a throttle rate dial, and it was set to mid point so there is a little more in it on stock, i did think it was rather slow

17055.jpg.8b1470ca0f4515a3b48039f84b22c631.jpg 

:lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

I think the new 540 3300kv motor and  and 60amp esc has arrived, but with neighbour, would be really nice if the surpass esc would handle 4s but dont think it will, looks like the motor will be going in at weekend

I'm looking forward to hearing about how it goes with this new setup. The 60a esc is unlikely to take a 4s battery but I think this car is going to be plenty fast enough on 3s. I'm thinking 50mph+. Then you can start messing about with bigger pinions & wheel/tyre setups. Should be fun 😄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Okay, its now got a brushless motor F540 3300kv, 60amp esc and 21T pinion, nice mesh have to say it sounds sweet and on 2s seems to have a fair bit of go, now need nice weather to test

Nice one Jack, it's looking good mate 👍 The weather is meant to be alright tomorrow so should be able to give it a run. Raining again sunday/monday then looking dry all week 😄

• Like 1